How many Mooneys do you have on your field?

StinkBug

At 84R here in Smithville, TX there are two Mooneys in residence. My 252 which is flying quite often and an M20B which is tied down on the ramp, paying for a space, with a For Sale sign in the window. It's an all original B... (panel should be in a museum) and hasn't flown in the 5 years I've been at 84R. Asking $40K FIRM.

I've actually talked to the owner twice. He's sure it's worth every bit of that since the only issues with it at the moment are a couple of flat tires. It gets a pencil whipped annual every year from one of the guys who works at the shop referenced in the Don Maxwell thread. 

At KLAM, we have 2Cs, 7Fs (including mine), and 1 J.  It may be cognitive bias, but I’ve always thought it has something with the analytical bias of people in Los Alamos to favor Mooneys (and F models in particular).  Mooneys are about 16% of aircraft on our field.  Sadly, at least 2-3 of our Mooney’s on the field are no longer active (but I try to counter this naritave by flying 200+ hrs per year).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Andy95W said:

Unfortunately, I can only think of one reason a military serviceman couldn't get back to his airplane in the 3 years it takes for the registration to expire. :(

I did not want to even entertain that possibility in my mind :(

It seems that our C is the only Mooney roosting in Tuscaloosa.   There are lots of RV's of various vintages, most of them seldom flown.  A mixture of vintage P, B, and C makes too.   A Lancair and a Cirrus or two.   There are some nice warbirds in hangars on the 'l33t' side of the street but they are seldom exposed to daylight.   BUT- gameday is a thing to behold.   The normally sleepy but towered TCL field takes on the feel of an air force base on the first day of a war.  They close rwy 12-30 to use it for parking.  You can't hear yourself think for all the APUs running, keeping interior's cool for soon-to-return hot & sweaty football fans and the air reeks with the odor of burning kerosene.