Another outstanding Foreflight update

The updates are here!! What a couple great additions to this already outstanding platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V8hDMScd5I

Watcha talking about Brett. Garmin Pilot has all of those features -- they just haven't copied them from ForeFlight yet. Where's Peter Garmin when you need him?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I use both Garmin Pilot and for Foreflight so no need to persuade me one way or another. I gravitate to Foreflight on the ground for flight planning but while in flight I like Garmin pilot much better. Foreflight does seem to be more active with continued improvements. I like the new FF features!

I use both Garmin Pilot and for Foreflight so no need to persuade me one way or another. I gravitate to Foreflight on the ground for flight planning but while in flight I like Garmin pilot much better. Foreflight does seem to be more active with continued improvements. I like the new FF features!

I had both for a couple of years. Never grew to like the ForeFlight interface although, like you said, the features keep coming.

Wow......I was just alerting Foreflight users that the new update was here and ready for download. Not trying to sway people from brand X to switch over or start a debate about which is better.

Who you kidding? You are a natural troublemaker. Next thing you will be telling us how great Beechcrafts are. ;)

• Like 1

I went with the Garmin Pilot also because instead of using the VFR/IFR chart pictures it uses the Garmin maps that declutter as you zoom out and the text is upright always even on track up mode.

José

That is a good feature, and it contains the entire country which doesn't require that you download each individual region.

So ... How much does GARMIN pilot cost a year? Now that I am putting in a GNS-430W, maybe I should look at it? Is it the same button pushes ... from one to another?

Same as ForeFlight for the IFR version, $150. The buttons are similar to the GTN series. One of the reasons I like it.

233e4632912788d693582d7a201cb7f4.jpg

• Like 1

So ... How much does GARMIN pilot cost a year? Now that I am putting in a GNS-430W, maybe I should look at it? Is it the same button pushes ... from one to another?

I paid $74.99 for a year and got the FAA IFR/VFR charts plus the Garmin IFR/VFR charts (less cluttered). The airports taxiways chart, approach charts and others is extra. I get the weather, TFRS and other stuff overlaid on the Garmin Pilot moving map on my Samsung smart phone through the internet (no ADS-B in required).

José

With the flight Stream 210 and Garmin Pilot you would make your 430 into a GTN 750. I hardly touch my GTN anymore with that combo.

• Like 2