AOPA Summit 11/11-13 Long Beach CA

mooneygirl

Mitch and I were asked by CalPilots to do a presentation for them at the AOPA Summit in Long Beach. We are going to touch on two important areas: promoting General Aviation to the flying/non-flying public, and as well fighting to save our GA airports. Come and see us!

http://www.aopa.org/summit/events-attractions.html

• 1 month later...

Hello there, wondering how many Mooney lovers are coming to the AOPA Summit in Long Beach. As mentioned in the previous post, Mitch and I will be offering a multi-media presentation for CalPilots at their annual meeting on Saturday at the Summit.

We were asked by AOPA to be panelists on Thursday afternoon at 3:30 on advocacy for GA and GA Airports.  If you are planning on attending, please stop by and say hello.

I received a call on my cell phone from Craig Fuller the President of AOPA
on Wednesday.  I think I was a bit shocked when he introduced himself!  He
explained that he was calling to tell me that AOPAs Board of Directors
unanimously voted to award me the Joe Crotti Award for promotion of General
Aviation and GA Airports.

Joseph R. Crotti, 71, former director of the California Department of
Aeronautics. He was a strong advocate for civilian use of military air bases
in California and throughout the West. Crotti served as aeronautics director
under Govs. Ronald Reagan and Edmund G. (Jerry) Brown Jr. He also served for
15 years as Western regional representative for the 325,000-member Aircraft
Owners and Pilots Assn. When he retired, the association honored him by
creating the Joe Crotti Trophy for California General Aviation Advocacy. The
award will be made annually to a Californian who carries forward Crotti's
advocacy of the most effective use of all airfields.

He said that what we are doing with the Mooney Ambassadors, and the Friends
of Oceano Airport is just spectacular.  I told him that I didn't think I was
doing anything that anyone else couldn't do, but I was stunned and honored.
I also said that the award really should be for both Mitch and me.  We are a
team in all of this.

The Crotti Award will be presented at the AOPA Summit on Saturday morning
the 13th at 10:00 a.m.  I am really very surprised and just wanted to tell
you all the happy news.  If you are going to be at the Summit, then please come by and say hello!  [i will have the Mooney
M&Ms on hand!]

Jolie Lucas
Mooney Ambassadors
Share the Passion
http:///www.mooneyambassadors.com
N6619U 1965 M20E
N211MJ 1994 Ovation

Thank you. Mitch is so much more than the man behind the curtain.  We are such a team. It seems very odd to be receiving this.  We do work very well together. Except though when we are wrestling to see who gets to fly a leg!  HA

Anyway, we are humbled and thrilled.  It helps keep our brand out there too!

Congratulations Jolie and Mitch! Much deserved recognition. You guys actually do way more than most and I admire you spirit and energy. I don't know who else was in contention for the award, but I can't think of more qualified recipients than you guys.

Well done!

I hope to see you guys at Long Beach. Not sure what my schedulel is now. The reason I didn't make Livermore this weekend is my back went out on me again last week. I literally can't raise my hanger door or push my plane right now. I have some threads going on the AOPA forums about ways to aid with that and hopefully soon I can fly again. Stand for hours and walk for miles at a convention? I'm not so sure right now. We'll see what the MRI shows. Anyhow, I'm thrilled for you guys!

Dave, hope your back heals real soon. I hear the Livermore event was a hoot, and Bob did a great job as point person. He was even interviewed by the announcer and the radio! 

Hope to see you at AOPA, or perhaps the Nut Tree on October 16th if you can!  Thanks for the good wishes for Mitch and I.  We are just trying to do our best.

• 3 weeks later...

It is hard to believe the AOPA Summit is just around the corner.  I noticed in today's Epilot that they are offering some cool "Be Well" seminars in the early morning all three days.

Here is a link for the schedule. I would encourage all Mooney flyers to attend.  The Friday night block party in downtown Long Beach is free [though there is a suggested donation for the AOPA ASF].  Maybe we can all meet up for some fun.

http://www.aopa.org/summit/schedule/schedule.cfm?WT.mc_id=&wtmcid;

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

The AOPA Summit is next week! Hard to believe.  Here is what Mitch and I have scheduled, and it would be lovely to meet up with others on the list.

Thursday afternoon: Simple Steps to Save your Airport, a panel discussion with AOPA VP Airports, Bill Dunn. 

Friday night block party:  We are staying at the Hyatt Regency, which looks to be within walking distance of the Block Party on Pine street. How about we all wear our favorite Mooney gear and head out together?

Saturday morning:  10:00 a.m.  AOPA Awards ceremony:  receiving the Crotti Trophy.

Saturday afternoon: 1:00- 45 minute presentation to CalPilots on the Mooney Ambassadors and the Fight to Save Oceano Airport.  This will be held at the Hyatt in Seaview A.

The AOPA Live Film Crew came to Oceano last week to interview us and take shots of the airport.  Victor, the producer was offered a bi-plane ride from JR Smith of Banner Airways.  We were departing in the Ovation, so we flew near enough to the Stearman to get some cool air-to-air video.  Hopefully it will be incorporated into the web/TV presentation.

We will have the new version of the Mooney Ambassador shirts available!  It would be neat to see members of our Mooney Family there.