looking for a mooney shop near Sedona AZ

231LV

Chandler Aviation is the MSC in Arizona they are at the home drome KCHD. Frank is a good guy. A little expensive, but I've never heard anybody complain about his work. I do all my own work, so all I ever do is buy parts from him. He always has 3 or 4 Mooneys in the shop.

I know a guy who previously contribued on this forum but has since sold his M20K.  I remember him saying he had all the work done at Air-Craftsman in Prescott.  I have heard good things about Air-Craftsman and they do all my avionics work.  PRC is about 35 NM WSW from SEZ, so fairly close to home. At least worth a phone call ...

• 3 months later...

Sedona is a lovely place with a challenging approach for those who are not used to a tabletop mountain runway.  I bounced twice.  But I bought the hat.  "USS Sedona SEZ CV 3-21"

Two days later I heard the story of the Mooney crew that bounced off the end of the runway over the bluff a few years ago. The story was related to me by the owner of that J model.  Today, he is still looking for another Mooney.

Enjoy your time in Sedona.  Try and be proficient catching the No. 1 wire.  The world (in that restaurant) is watching every time someone lands there.

post-7155-0-35756900-1437697785_thumb.jp