Fuel price fun

N1026F

Rusk Co. claims to always have the lowest price in Texas. And it's real convenient if you're out to Maxwell's for service.  Here in Austin, Georgetown seems to always have the cheap stuff.

I calculated that I could take off from my home field, 84R and fly to KGTU and back for fuel. The difference in cost meant the 20 min each way was free.

Athens, TX (F44) SE of Dallas is currently at $3.35/gal, and Rusk County, TX (15 miles south of Maxwell's shop) is $3.49.

My local field south of Houston was $3.55 this weekend so YES, I've been getting in a lot of practice lately (weather permitting).

On the other hand Miami Intl. (at $8.90/gal) seems a bit pricey.

Cnoe

$3.50 @$0.25 above cost seems about right.  It still amazes me when an FBO wants $7 or $8 today.  I know they need to keep the doors open and we come there and by only 20 or 30 gallons.  I can see $4 to $5 right now as in the reasonable range.  At KNEW one FBO has 100ll at over $7 while the other has it at $4.50.  Essentially he has said I do not want to deal with you you are not worth my time.  Where are you going to go when you land.

$3.50 @$0.25 above cost seems about right.  It still amazes me when an FBO wants $7 or $8 today.  I know they need to keep the doors open and we come there and by only 20 or 30 gallons.  I can see $4 to $5 right now as in the reasonable range.  At KNEW one FBO has 100ll at over $7 while the other has it at $4.50.  Essentially he has said I do not want to deal with you you are not worth my time.  Where are you going to go when you land.

It is odd to see such a massive price difference on a single airfield.  I am still scratching my head to try and figure out what I saw last week at KINT - $3.62 at self serve, and $6.93 at full serve, both managed by the same FBO, Landmark.