Steering horn play

While replacing my nose wheel donuts yesterday, I noticed a bit of play in the steering horn. Looking at the parts schematic it appears there are bushings that can be replaced. My question is, how much play is too much?

Thank you,

Tim

I would say no more then a half inch when you grab the nose wheel and move it. Mine was bad. On my roll outs after landing it would shimmy quite a bit. Are you experiencing the same thing?

My mechanic rebuilt mine with the LASAR "mod" rebuild kit and it feels great now but it is pricey

Mike

It does not shimmy which is why I was surprised to find the bit of play starting. Maybe it's just the smooooooth landings It's about 1-1.25 inches of play best I can tell. I'll give Lasar a call anyway.

Thank you all,

Tim

Spoke with Dan at Lasar. They have overhauled sterling horns for $525. He also suggested replacing the steering rod ends for an additional $100 while everything is apart.

I want to fly again with the new donuts and see how it feels before making up my mind.

Thanks for all the info. Tim