Vintage Mooney Cowling Mod

6 hours ago, Sabremech said:

Working on the spinner pricing right now. I'm in the process of purchasing 2 lightly used spinners and mounting kits, so I'll have that pricing available if I can get more of those in the future. I'm waiting on my price for new spinners and then I can come out with a good estimate for the kit. 

David

I just want it to come out!

2 hours ago, Hank said:

I'm just curious which price band it's in--4, 14 or 24 AMU . . . And I'll be sad to give up my shiny 3-blade Hartzell spinner . . . . :(

Still not able to give out pricing yet. Still some unknown variables that can have a major impact on the complete kit price. 

I would think I'd be able to get a new 3 blade shiny spinner that will fit the mod.

David

On 1/8/2017 at 1:33 PM, Sabremech said:

I'm getting ready to mod a G model very soon. After that I will be doing an F model. I've throttled back a bit from going the full STC route right now as the time frame to get that done continues to grow with changes of processes and personnel in the FAA making it more difficult. I'm now working with DER's to get 8110 approvals per aircraft for a 337 approval. The time to get this done is substantially reduced and some cost is reduced as well. Look for an update on these two aircraft getting completed in the next couple of months. 

David, I'm not clear on the 8110 Approval and what exactly that means.  Is it a way to get a 337 approved faster, individually?   Also, I'm not clear on which model you're working on getting out first---is it a C?  I'm hopeful an E mod is in the works.   Thanks.

Edited by Aviationinfo

21 minutes ago, Aviationinfo said:

David, I'm not clear on the 8110 Approval and what exactly that means.  Is it a way to get a 337 approved faster, individually?   Also, I'm not clear on which model you're working on getting out first---is it a C?  I'm hopeful an E mod is in the works.   Thanks.

See the last few paragraphs for explanation:

http://www.aviationpros.com/article/10387607/the-question-to-field-approve-or-to-stc

8 hours ago, Aviationinfo said:

Right now my mod will fit 1966 and up C, E, F, and G models. It's my intent to work on the earlier models on the future. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Browncbr1 said:

Please remind me if your F kit will include oil relocation to the aft baffle or if you just did this to accommodate folks who already have the lasar stc?   

I did this to accommodate those who have an oil cooler relocation already. I didn't want the extra documentation and cost to add this as part of my mod.

David, how will the DER 337 process work?  I.E. customer drops off plane on Friday________hours to complete mod and get DER 337 sign off.  Customer picks up plane and removed parts.  Customer pays and flies off with log book entry and 337 to have your cowl installed on their plane.

Is that how it will go?

30 minutes ago, MyNameIsNobody said:

Somebody coming from say, Delaware, will have to leave their plane, fly home and come back and pick it up, right?  Or can this be accomplished with 8-16 hours of labor allowing someone to remain on site and return in "one trip"?

what kind of loser lives in Deleware?  :D