I would like a formal explanation why the Timmy thread was locked

Anthony,

I'm trying to sell a few things. Somebody look at my ads: WX-500, GDL69, GMX-200 and GTS-800. They are available for sale to anyone, regardless of their sex, religion, marital status, drug and/or alcohol dependance, political affiliation or basic human interpersonal skills. All I ask for is that their currency is not counterfeit and they have a shipping address, verified, if using PayPal.

They won't get there Andy if they are offended.

They won't know they are available.

They won't know you are a normal, likable individual that is a trustworthy seller.

They just don't come back...

We don't want to cater to a narrow community.

Mooney airplanes are good for everybody and so is the MS community.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

They won't get there Andy if they are offended.

They won't know they are available.

They won't know you are a normal, likable individual that is a trustworthy seller.

They just don't come back...

We don't want to cater to a narrow community.

Mooney airplanes are good for everybody and so is the MS community.

Best regards,

-a-

I wish Timmy was old enough and wanted to do a panel upgrade, I'd give him a sweet deal.

-a-

You are the perfect killer of the Timmy thread. Like Big Government you mandate your sensibilities and morality at the expense of others. You justify what you do. You say it is for the "collective good of the many". "It is to protect society and THE CHILDREN"

A perfect end to Timmy. What started as an anti-Big Government/Big Brother thread is killed by a microcosm of same.

The sad thing is that like Big Government you really do think you what you are doing is good.

THAT is how freedom dies.

Next time you masturbate, think of me.

Later.

That is what's called a parting shot.

• Like 2

-a-

You are the perfect killer of the Timmy thread. Like Big Government you mandate your sensibilities and morality at the expense of others. You justify what you do. You say it is for the "collective good of the many". "It is to protect society and THE CHILDREN"

A perfect end to Timmy. What started as an anti-Big Government/Big Brother thread is killed by a microcosm of same.

The sad thing is that like Big Government you really do think you what you are doing is good.

THAT is how freedom dies.

Next time you masturbate, think of me.

Later.

That is what's called a parting shot.

Scott,

Now you're done it. There is coffee all over my sweater. This is a mental image that will haunt me for the rest of my life. Great parting salvo...Wow...I knew I liked you for a reason...

Well, now we are certain of the driving force behind this. And you have it wrong Anthony. Traffic on these websites is down......way down, mainly because the content is completely rehashed and recycled. Nearly every subject has been addressed, contended and offered at least four times. It is natural attrition.This website now has a third of the activity and participation it had in 2009. You might consider more lively methods of generating traffic.

There is always somebody who is thin skinned and a whiner. I'd add, that this is perhaps the kind of backlash, you have been scheming and hoping you would see.

Territorial, petty and OCD. Just look at your dissertation/manifesto above. The school play ground is a revealing place. :D

A big part of why I enjoy airplanes and the people who fly them is that they offer different perspectives. While Timmy was an often infuriating thread, it was an opportunity to engage with well-informed articulate and passionate pilots about the issues of the day. Such opportunities should be encouraged. MS is a lesser place without it. I agree (gasp) with John - give it a different slot on the site, and let it flourish. After all, flying is about freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As one who is still fairly new to MS I look forward to posts that raise questions about aircraft issues flight opp's Mooney ownership and future ownership. Stories of flights taken and those that are in the future. And as someone who is still very young in terms of my membership of the flying community. Little Timmy was an epic thread and even though I expressed an occasional opinion from time to time it was frustrating that other topics that were truly about aviation would get pushed down the line. I agree it would be good to have a topic line that was dedicated to non aviation issues as it is clear there is lots of comments to both read and post. I hope that new members to MS would bring their questions and comments to new threads even if they are old hat to some of you they are not to those of us that are still at the steep end of the learning curve. I hate to have the feeling of being late to the party it's bad enough that the overall GA experience is on the decline with the rapid decline in the pilot and flying communities that we are all to well aware of. If a new member or pilot or Mooney owner post a question that has been extensively covered please give it the full consideration it deserves. We all want to feel a sence of value and belonging. To all the new guys and gals get on board share your experience your questions and most of all your Mooney's

Rounding things up the best I know how...

Thank you guys.

You intentionally seem to dig the hole deeper. I'm not sure why you would focus on me. I'm mostly an observer.

You seem to confuse fowl language and brutal videos for a political discussion. Nope, I don't...

I used to enjoy trying to make space for the Timmy thread. It was like negotiating. Trying to find a way to make things work for everybody. Seems like the response is a group run-down. Yup, you are treading all over me. Scott is in the driver's seat.

Any time we could make some headway, somebody would throw a barb. Post a brutal video. Swear like a teenager, as if it would make a difference.

In case you care...

I used to work in unionized factories in NJ. Before the big government brought a 'safety guy' on board...

The mechanics there would clean up their act when visitors were present. Their language skills got better the closer the factory closing date would get. You probably don't like big company practices anymore than I do..

The Timmy thread and this thread will not be missed.

It is similar to young guys bitching about MAPA. Those old people get too excited about an ice cream party.

Calling me big government may insult some. I don't understand what it means.

Inviting me to think of you. I assure you, I'll spend time doing that as well. I'm thinking of you now...

I enjoyed learning about the different aspects of politics.

There is a lopsided part of the conversation when S from I takes a vacation.

John and Andy can't continue without him.

Some days, Andy's spelling is worse than mine.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Best regards,

-a-

-a-

You are a control freak. You do not like NOT being in control. This will be the last post I make on Mooneyspace. Dig a hole deeper? What are you a self-appointed parental figure? Get over yourself. This is the real world. There is vulgar language, insanity and oppression. You are just one more unaccepting, self appointed Guardian of MooneySpace. You find me vulgar? I find you controlling and vindictive in a passive-aggressive manner that is very unsettling. I hope your "teenagers" are getting exposed to the "real-world" a bit, likely through web-sites a heck of a lot more blunt than anything that was on Timmy. My children understand right from wrong and that swearing like hugging and laughter are all forms of adult communication.

You just live in your control feak bubble. Glad I didn't work in your factory -a-

Thanks for rallying "the troops" though and showing them what oppression is on MooneySpace. Freedom of choice and expression. Live and let live. All concepts you don't seem to grasp very well.

Bye bye.

Think about freedom...

It comes with guidelines.

Nobody is asking Timmy to go away.

The viewpoint taken against the thread is it's inane use of violence, cuss words and sexism.

Use some guidance.

Long live spirited discussion.

Down with veiled racisim, cussing, anti-religion view points.

Is there support for racism here?

Is there support for anti-religion here?

Is there support for fowl language here?

• Like 1

Good night Scott,

My last post was authored prior to yours.

It may seem out of sequence.

For the viewers...

Scott is right, I don't understand much of what he says...

I am unable to process his writing style.

I still don't like the way he says it...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

A big part of why I enjoy airplanes and the people who fly them is that they offer different perspectives. While Timmy was an often infuriating thread, it was an opportunity to engage with well-informed articulate and passionate pilots about the issues of the day. Such opportunities should be encouraged. MS is a lesser place without it. I agree (gasp) with John - give it a different slot on the site, and let it flourish. After all, flying is about freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree....the best characters in life are other pilots and especially Mooney owners, hands down.

I agree....the best characters in life are other pilots and especially Mooney owners, hands down.

Yeap, an pilots, especially GA pilots, are mostly "characters". It takes a special kind of insanity to strap ourselves into couple of thousands pounds of aluminum and steel and head out to poke holes in the sky, knowing fully well that each take off can be out last one. I recommend that people unable to handle some colorful language and none-PC views turn in their medicals, as they are clearly too thin-skinned to handle the situation once the anti-gravity device decides to quit. America has apparently become a nation of people simply waiting around to be outraged and offended.

• Like 1

Long live spirited discussion.

Down with veiled racisim, cussing, anti-religion view points.

But please do not discuss any of the topics mentioned above? I am still trying to figure who ever promoted racist or sexist views? No one I can recall. And I hate to break it to you, you can't discuss politics in US of A without discussing religion, good, bad and ugly. They are intertwined in US of A and much of the world. I guess I'll fire of Bambi DVD this morning to clear up my polluted mind. Violent videos? How about all them crash videos all over the place on MS? Equally violent with equally unpleasant outcome for all involved. Somehow better because wings were involved? The video in question was pertinent to discussion at hand, just as Vmc rollover videos are pertinent. In both videos, people died. 

Do you now recommend that no videos other than Bambi clips be posted on MS?

But please do not discuss any of the topics mentioned above? I am still trying to figure who ever promoted racist or sexist views? No one I can recall. And I hate to break it to you, you can't discuss politics in US of A without discussing religion, good, bad and ugly. They are intertwined in US of A and much of the world. I guess I'll fire of Bambi DVD this morning to clear up my polluted mind. Violent videos? How about all them crash videos all over the place on MS? Equally violent with equally unpleasant outcome for all involved. Somehow better because wings were involved? The video in question was pertinent to discussion at hand, just as Vmc rollover videos are pertinent. In both videos, people died. 

Do you now recommend that no videos other than Bambi clips be posted on MS?

America has apparently become a nation of people simply waiting around to be outraged and offended.

True.....but pilots have to wait around longer than average due to their thick skin and obliviousness.

:-)

Can't we just let little Timmy die and discuss Mooneys?

• Like 5

The only thing I'll say is a repeat of John's point: Other than the occasional problem we have, MS does become reiterative.

It more and more appears to me that the "old guard" just reposts information stated a different way to each newcomer.

And that is a terrific outlet for knowledge, but there is more to it than that.

The thread in question provided a venue for people who have developed a camaraderie and desire to interact in absences of "mooney discussion."

If this forum software has the capability, I make a motion for a private topic that is only visible to those members who actually opt in.

Otherwise I suppose I can make some kind of thread in my sharepoint site...and invite everyone to a completely private venue not touched by the likes of web crawlers...but really...who wants to have to register for "one more stinkin account" (although I can technically make private pages and share a guest link with everyone)

I think the detail that's getting lost here is that there is an established community of people here and there is only so much mooney you can talk about.

Common interests bring people together, human nature keeps people together.

Do people consider this a community? It is by definition to me.

Does it make sense to relocate part of our community because some of us enjoy the practice of bullshitting?

I have not personally contributed to the budget, but when the time comes I will.

On the other hand I know many of you have donated, and with that comes a sense of ownership, furthering the belief in the community.

I'm all for discretion and not "giving people the wrong impression" which is why I move for a private area for those discussions.

All those in favor...

• Like 2

What you are describing is the Pilots of America's Spin Zone. I signed up for it and left within 10 minutes of beginning to read when a couple of guys were going at it. One guy calling the other a drunk and one saying that it was all a moderator conspiracy. Too much drama for me. Like I said before, I viewed Timmy as the Spin Zone and it was fine for those guys to go at it... Now if they started calling one of my full figured girls "fat", well, them there is fighting words!

I do wish we had more topics to discuss. Like the one HRM posted about IFR procedures. It is a good refresher, not Mooney specific and people learn stuff.