I would like a formal explanation why the Timmy thread was locked

I have read more of the Little Timmy thread this morning than I have yet.  Last 2 pages are on Canadian health care, and guns.   What do either of these subjects have to do with people not liking airplanes anymore???     Yes most threads drift, but this is really far out there.

Start a new thread on the Canadian Health care system, or guns.

What little that I know about the Canadian health care system, won't take 20 words here, lot's of rumor's though.

Gun Control is hitting your target the first time.   I just finished a 4 day defensive hand gun glass.  I was in a simulator and was being timed, shooting went out the window under pressure, see the bad guy, and shoot, sorry hostage.

Ron

Well, it looks like you guys are well on your way to another Timmy thread. Not sure of the reason it was locked, but did appreciate that you guys kept it to the one thread. I think the PoA site calls a forum the "Spin Zone" for open discussions on a variety of topics. I looked at the original Timmy thread as our version of the Spin Zone.

• Like 1

That WAS the beauty of the thread. If someone got out of line...Take it to that thread was the reply. Don't "be like that thread"....

Totally understand that many would avoid it. I don't like seeing "it" in other threads either. Isn't that a wonderful thing? Choice. Freedom to choose.

Gone.

Thanks for that.

All Mooney's all the time.

Got it.

Thanks complainers. You "won".

Feeling good about taking away pleasure and freedom of expression from others...

PRICELESS.

I have read more of the Little Timmy thread this morning than I have yet.  Last 2 pages are on Canadian health care, and guns.   What do either of these subjects have to do with people not liking airplanes anymore???     Yes most threads drift, but this is really far out there.

Start a new thread on the Canadian Health care system, or guns.

What little that I know about the Canadian health care system, won't take 20 words here, lot's of rumor's though.

Gun Control is hitting your target the first time.   I just finished a 4 day defensive hand gun glass.  I was in a simulator and was being timed, shooting went out the window under pressure, see the bad guy, and shoot, sorry hostage.

Ron

I think someone was wanting to know about mounting an M2 50cal in each of  the wings so they could strafe Canadian health clinics  JUST KIDDING :D

That WAS the beauty of the thread. If someone got out of line...Take it to that thread was the reply. Don't "be like that thread"....

Totally understand that many would avoid it. I don't like seeing "it" in other threads either. Isn't that a wonderful thing? Choice. Freedom to choose.

Gone.

Thanks for that.

All Mooney's all the time.

Got it.

Thanks complainers. You "won".

Feeling good about taking away pleasure and freedom of expression from others...

PRICELESS.

That's where you got it wrong, Bro. You don't get freedom of expression on this site because it's owned by someone else, that would be Craig. His property, his site, his rules. However, you are free to go start your own internet site where you do have freedom of expression.
  • Like 2

That's where you got it wrong, Bro. You don't get freedom of expression on this site because it's owned by someone else, that would be Craig. His property, his site, his rules. However, you are free to go start your own internet site where you do have freedom of expression.

Thanks for that bro...

I pay a fee for my freedom of expression...within the confines of the "owner". I let Craig know that while I disagree with his action I respect it.

Thank you again tho bro, for weighing in. Always a pleasure.

Those "rules"...really more like guidelines...Some like to stay in the box. Good for them. Some like to dabble outside the edges of the box...also swell. Some like to push the boundaries. O.K. Some like to blow up all boundaries and be Free to express themselves...

NOPE

So in light of following official site guidelines, is this the official place to post all GBCs? Where can I find the Form 9? Craig owns it and has (...his property, his site, his rules... says Byron) "absolute power" over it...Lord Acton.

Ironic how those words were written by a man chastising the Roman Catholic Church's inability to progress, and now it is used to support the chilling of speech contrary to the political views of whomever.

The reason Timmy kkkan no longer pursue the dream of flight is the lack of tolerance on all sides. There is a serious lack of reasonably open and civil dialog amongst those in power. Imagine the power this site has to draw in folks from very different back grounds and economic states with a common goal to improve some random stranger's Mooney Experience. What if this site relit the dream instead helping to kill it by driving supporters away?

However, instead of an open discussion where Scott and Byron disagree on some important points and then go out of their way to help the new guy, they don't know from Adam, with a cheerful welcome, we end up with a hurts feelings report of censorship by the site owner when his buttons are pushed.

Timmy was a fun read and sometimes crazy, but it was maybe the most popular thread in Mooneyspace history? Thanks to all who provided intellectual property for Craig's economic gain.

I guess theory 4 didn't post last night:

Maybe there is a technical reason the tread is locked. The last data purge occured around page 200. The cost of maintaining this site could get prohibitively expense above the level such a popular thread drives. Buffer a max capacity of 200 by say 5ish percent and the Cyber Creations server locks everyone out around page 206+/- until an admin volunteer reduces the first 40-50 pages.

It could be completely a problem with H.A.L. 9000 and not Craig or Monneyspace admin.

I think based on my experience in other sites that thread was way overdue for a lock.

I once posted a thread on the Camaro forum which implied that the moderators were providing a certain level of "service" to the paying sponsors after I saw numerous threads locked because people had a legitimate beef with the moderators. My thread was locked instantly and I was banned for a week.

• Like 1

- jav has just such a site going on the aviating.com servers. No need to start a new site, just a need to be opinionated and judgemental, Not for the thin skinned

http://lists.aviating.com/mailman/listinfo/mooney-talk

The thread was harmless. It was just in the wrong place. It should be allowed and listed below the line and not in "Misc Aviation..". I understand the frustration of someone who would author a great thread and see it constantly bumped down the list because Timmy was so active. There are a lot of personalities here, many of whom I politically and morally disagree. Byron and I have been at each others throats for 5 years on all of the threads, yet we had a delightful lunch last month.

I don't like "fleecers" who want to assert a sterile community.  I politically spar with Bo, Cabot, Andy, Byron and others with whom I disagree........and in doing so, I'd like to think I have made some great Mooney aviation friends.

List it below the line, so it doesn't interfere with direct aviation content. And Anthony......run for condo president.

• Like 1

The thread was harmless. It was just in the wrong place. It should be allowed and listed below the line and not in "Misc Aviation..". I understand the frustration of someone who would author a great thread and see it constantly bumped down the list because Timmy was so active. There are a lot of personalities here, many of whom I politically and morally disagree. Byron and I have been at each others throats for 5 years on all of the threads, yet we had a delightful lunch last month.

I don't like "fleecers" who want to assert a sterile community.  I politically spar with Bo, Cabot, Andy, Byron and others with whom I disagree........and in doing so, I'd like to think I have made some great Mooney aviation friends.

List it below the line, so it doesn't interfere with direct aviation content. And Anthony......run for condo president.

And I'll gladly you buy you lunch, John, anytime. Or if I ever work myself up to buying the house at 46U I want, you're all be welcomed to fly in anytime, and chill and eat all the ribs in the world, or as you called it, lipidemea Jihad. My wife almost lost her s!@t when she heard it. She likes you already.

• Like 1

Thanks John,

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to add my thoughts...

The supporters of the Timmy thread didn't like the rules the 'Condo President' proposed for you. (Basic human interpersonal skills)

The same members didn't like it when I asked to avoid offensive video (a human being being slaughtered)

It is nice to see you all rallying to make your point in a pleasant way.

That thread is immensely offensive to some.

In a place we don't want to afford to turn people away.

MooneySpace is a great place for people to come when they want to discuss things like...

Flying a Mooney Safely, quickly and efficiently...

Maintaining a Mooney properly at a reasonable price.

Where to go for Mooney service in my area.

Am I Mooney Material? (Timmy isn't)

Who should I see for proper Mooney flight training to meet my needs in my area.

It is not a rigid community.

We don't need rules about what is decent or indecent. Society has delivered these guidelines for us already. You already know them well...

When I lived in a condo they had rules like no grills, no unregistered cars, and no swimming when the life-guard is not there.

People, like to break the rules just because they can. Flying safely doesn't allow for this.

I'm glad you have found a place that promotes the type of conversation you are looking for.

There will always be a time that you feel you have outgrown the environment you are in.

You have gotten as much as you can from the organization, you move up the ladder, until there are no rungs left.

You can help lead the organization, stay in the background in support, or move on.

There are a dozen new visitors signed into MooneySpace every day.

By having the Timmy thread, MS comes across as supporting the sexism, violence, alcohol abuse, anti-religion attitude.

MS does not need that.

I would prefer to cater to those people that need the (sometime) life-saving information available here at MooneySpace.

If the cost of catering to the new and unknowing, is discarding a handful of belligerent, non-mooney, mal-typing friends...

Realistically, nobody asked anyone to go away.

Some would prefer that you stay.

Share your Mooney community related experience.

Buy some things from MS sellers.

Sell some things to MS users.

Be human.

Try not to tread on the new member in the audience.

I'll leave you with one thought...

My kids read MooneySpace. A boy and a girl. Teenagers.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 3