WOW!! Very Bad interaction with Don Maxwell

mooneybuilder

I have even heard him talking with the late Abe Fortune when Abe was off his meds and really belittling Don. If any of you know the story of Abe.

For a second I thought I had gotten dragged into this, and with bad facts... lol Wrong Abe. 

That aisde, I'd venture to bet that I've frayed Don's feathers quite a few times with my overly inquisitive nature while he was upside down in the cabin of a plane fixing the yoke shaft to the linkages. Never had a harsh word from him. 

More importantly I've learned to listen to what he doesn't say. I think it's a fair statement to make that Don (like most of us) doesn't deal with stupidity well, but I've always known him to silently grin and keep moving forward rather than erupt in a maniacal manner especially over a question he doesn't like proposed. 

As for Jan, well, I would say the same things about her that I would about my own mother, but I also know she's a "no nonsense" kinda gal. Expect Momma Hen to defend her nest if you attack first. I would expect the same from my wife (who by the way is also my office Manager). 

That being said, the OP admittedly provoked an argument, then purposely defamed the character of the provoked. To me that's a little (sarcasm intended) unfair.  What's interesting is that throughout this entire thread you've seen no rebuttal from DMax. I'm sure as small as the aviation community is that he's heard the news by now. I also know that his business is valuable enough to him that when warranted he does respond to credible public relations.

If it's not worth his time, I'm wondering why we're honoring this rant in the first place... 

Warmest Regard, 

Abe L. Harper, Jr. 

• Like 3

If you think the world is filled with assholes, the rest of the world may not be the problem.

As much as I preach this to my kids, I doubt it is correct in this case.

And I would add.....the talent pool of great, type specific talent shrinks every day. They may know this, but we need to, ourselves.

Welcome aboard to you as well, Tahlhorn.

What we have found so far....

(1) first posts are a reflection of the new guy in the room.

(2) negative posts aren't well received.

(3) negative posts about a pillar in the Mooney community are usually ignored by the community after a few days pass.

(4) MooneySpace is a community that supports Mooney pilots, mechanics and their suppliers and vendors.

(5) people get used to being nice to one another after a while...

There isn't a prize for:

(1) bragging.

(2) pointing out other's faults.

It is enjoyable to see people come in on the wrong foot and then ultimately become supportive of the community.

MS isn't a gigantic anonamous resource, but it does work pretty well.

Stick around...

Best regards,

-a-

I had my M20C at Dons shop for some fuel tank work and I agree with everyone here that he is not only one of the nicest, but also most professional mechanics I've ever encountered. He took the time to discuss the plane with me, pointed out some things to keep an eye on maintenance-wise, and bought me lunch! You can't beat that!

That said, I find it hilarious/amazing/incredulous/ridiculous that Scott is on this thread telling people how to behave and saying that name calling and personal attacks are bad.

Gosh and you started out doing so good in the first paragraph....I was thinking we finally agreed on something! But, you just couldn't resist and out came the 2nd paragraph....

True professionals work out differences in a professional manner. 

I certainly have been guilty of being non professional. However, I've been "schooled" by the best. Now, I make every attempt to handle situations correctly. 

My doctor referred me to a doc he has a dispute with. Both are great docs. Both have made the "professional" effort. It's clear why they behave this way, each helps out the other and everyone's life is better. They don't have to like each other to work together towards the common goal of success. 

Here's what I would like to see....how about a phone call back to don and start by saying" I think we got off to a bad start, do you have a second to talk", in my business grown men then settle things in a civil manner. I think he would gladly want to work out any differences you all may have. I generally don't like the airing of laundry but do appreciate "reviews" to pick the right vendor fit for my company.

Example: Don't buy a car from muller Honda Chicago, the sales person I had was very rude to my daughter and I. I was buying a used Toyota and apparently we were asking too many questions. This is a review not a slam.

And I agree that you may post anything mooney related you want without being bullied or censored!

Thank you for your service to our great country.

• 4 weeks later...

And hey maybe I just caught him on a bad day... But still...

Methinks you trifled with Don and he is not to be trifled with. If there was a "Mount Mooney" with heads on it, Don's would be next to Al's and Bill's.

• Like 2

Here's what I would like to see....how about a phone call back to don and start by saying" I think we got off to a bad start, do you have a second to talk", in my business grown men then settle things in a civil manner. I think he would gladly want to work out any differences you all may have. I generally don't like the airing of laundry but do appreciate "reviews" to pick the right vendor fit for my company.

Example: Don't buy a car from muller Honda Chicago, the sales person I had was very rude to my daughter and I. I was buying a used Toyota and apparently we were asking too many questions. This is a review not a slam.

And I agree that you may post anything mooney related you want without being bullied or censored!

Thank you for your service to our great country.

That review would get your thread locked on the Corvetteforum right away and they would ban you and delete that content. That is if the dealer is a sponsor. Of not a sponsor its ok to bash.