FS: Complete Bendix/King KCS55A System (-07)

Bendix/King KCS55A system up for sale. It is in great condition with no issues. Everything was working great when removed for a Garmin upgrade. The HSI has glideslope damping and bootstrap heading synchro. 

KI-525a HSI PN 066-3046-07, SN 84659

KG-102a PN 060-0015-00, SN 39779
KMT-112 Flux Detector PN 071-1052-00, SN 50598
KA-51B Slaving Switch PN 071-1242-06, SN 24273

Price: $1500

IMG_59861_zpsr3qur6up.jpg

IMG_59911_zpsz5qvrynj.jpg

IMG_59891_zpsv8ppdmiw.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Andy, I'm interested in the KCS-55A system let me know what's the next step, where are you located?.You can reach me at Hernan@durangohomerepair.com or my cell (336) 601 0879. Thank you

Hernan

Alan, thank you for information, I'm a fairly new mooney owner and still trying to learn as much as I can about my bird. Thank you again.

Hernan have you consulted an avionics installer and looked into the costs and what's involved to install in your plane?

Herman , The install costs will be about 40 hours labor , also if you don't have a GNS430 or a KX165  or SL30 you will need to buy a KN72 nav converter ....also plan on spending about 400 to 600 for a bench check.....best to talk to the installing tech for more input...

Herman, for installation figure more like 60 hours min. With connectors, harnesses and checks you can estimate approx. 6500$ min. to install. Those connectors aren't cheap.

The price is very good. Just iron down your install costs.

Connectors can be scrounged-up, but making and installing the harness is time consuming.  It is a good opportunity for sweat equity, though, if the buyer is so inclined and has a shop that will work with him.

I think I still have some of the connectors for such a system, as well as the mounting trays/brackets for the remote gyro and flux gate.

As I said before, that is a real sweet price for a high serial number like this one.  Here's what a harness for it would look like - you can see there is a large quantity of wire that needs to be routed from the panel to the rear avionics bay (gyro), and from the panel and rear avionics to the wingtip (fluxgate).

gallery_12412_14099_315424.jpg

As I said before, that is a real sweet price for a high serial number like this one.  Here's what a harness for it would look like - you can see there is a large quantity of wire that needs to be routed from the panel to the rear avionics bay (gyro), and from the panel and rear avionics to the wingtip (fluxgate).

gallery_12412_14099_315424.jpg

That is intimidating!