(Video) Flight from Livermore, CA to Lake Tahoe, CA

wishboneash

Got it to work that time very nice vid. LVK is my most visited field very familiar departure. Thanks for sharing. Wishbone ash is that after the music group

I knew there was something wrong with that spelling. Don't want to get scolded by the spelling guy.

Thanks for the positive comments! Yes, Wishbone Ash is the classic rock group from England. I am letting Youtube to process the video to stabilize it, let's see how that looks to remove the "oscillations" at the end. I was at 11,500 ft and didn't want to climb over the puffy whites, but found the gaps and descended to 9,500 over CA-50. Had head winds of 30knots and took me 1hr 5 min for this flight. Surprisingly, there was little or no turbulence.

Beautiful video.  In the future please consider climbing a few more thousand feet as you are crossing the high ground between Placerville and TVL.  At 4:00 on the video an engine failure would leave you no options.

Is there a better patch of pine trees you know about with a little further glide?

• Like 2

Adding a few thousand would only prolong the terror. I do like to climb as high as possible for more options and I am always looking down and trying to pick out best choices sometimes if the engine quits it's just going to suck real bad.

Question about the video, what is the rounded shape on the bottom of the view?

The fog is lifting hope to fly soon.

Adding a few thousand would only prolong the terror. I do like to climb as high as possible for more options and I am always looking down and trying to pick out best choices sometimes if the engine quits it's just going to suck real bad.

Question about the video, what is the rounded shape on the bottom of the view?

The fog is lifting hope to fly soon.

It has been LIFR to IFR for most of the morning/early afternoon here at LVK for past few days. Re: the rounded object perhaps you are seeing the vertical fin separating the wingtip fairing from the main part of the wing?

Beautiful video.  In the future please consider climbing a few more thousand feet as you are crossing the high ground between Placerville and TVL.  At 4:00 on the video an engine failure would leave you no options.

There are quite a few areas in the Rockys and Sierras, where short of being at FL250, your options are pretty limited. Even at FL250, you better know where you're going right away and know the winds too. At 90knots, 30knot headwind really eats into horizontal distance covered. 

What field of view did you have your camera set at? I Just took a video from my recent flight and it just didn't seem to capture the view as I saw it in the plane. Any of you video guru's can jump in on some recommended camera setting I would appreciate it. Great video!