SoCal get together

StinkBug

I've been working on a little informal fly in get together on another forum and thought I'd throw out the invite to some Mooney folks as well. Plan is to meet at SMO at about noon next sunday Jan 18th, walk over and grab some lunch at the Spitfire grill and just enjoy meeting new people and talking about aviation. Sounds like at least a couple of us are gonna walk over to the aviation museum afterwards as well. With a little luck I'll actually be flying my new '68C as well! If you're interested in coming out, post up and come on out!

Dallas

• Like 2

I had my first Mooneyspace blind date with StinkBug last Friday. We went up for a little flight in my plane since his plane is not out from Texas yet. He is a cool guy and it inspired me to meet more Mooney Flyers out there. I will be there and be going on the early side and check out the Muesem before lunch. Hopefully I will get to meet a few more of you Mooney pilots.

• Like 1

I'm flying to Texas tomorrow and will be returning with my plane on Thursday if everything goes well. Do you have your plane over at western flight Dave? Hard to tell if the one in your profile pic is the same one that I saw tied down there last week. 

Tips from the NJMPs...

Always bring something with you...

Like a parrot or some really old pants!

Enjoy the camaraderie and post a picture or two.

Discuss the next Caravan...?

It would be great to meet in the middle at KOSH!

Enjoy,

-a-

Hey a

Did I meet u in person at last years Caravan?

L,

I have planned to join the caravan each year for the last 15 years, with various levels of success from unable to VERY UNABLE back to nearly able...

I have been to KOSH with both my C and my R.

I have signed up for a caravan slot a couple of times.

I think I traded emails with Dave Martin?..?

I've tried to get the formation training to come to NJ.

I am probably on their email list as a no-show kind of guy!

This year could be different...

Especially with the cost of 100LL going our way.

Best regards,

-a-

L,

I have planned to join the caravan each year for the last 15 years, with various levels of success from unable to VERY UNABLE back to nearly able...

Best regards,

-a-

Sure hope u make it this year, let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Drag that B along he knows his way around bout time he joins the Caravan!

Fly safe

Stinkbug

If you r flying back via El Paso, what we call the lower route & need a stop, let me know maybe meet up, 5T6 is my base fuel much cheaper!

Fly safe enjoy your new aircraft!

Thanks for the offer, I'll certainly keep it in mind. We will be flying that route, and since we probably wont be leaving until mid day we will most likely be stopping somewhere for the night. 

I'm flying to Texas tomorrow and will be returning with my plane on Thursday if everything goes well. Do you have your plane over at western flight Dave? Hard to tell if the one in your profile pic is the same one that I saw tied down there last week. 

Yep, it's at Western Flight...it's a blue/gray color. 

L,

Best regards,

-a-

-a-,

There will be a Caravan clinic on the East Coast (NJ/PA/MD area) later this spring. Announcements will be out within the next few weeks. You fly an 'O' so let's 'GO'. After 15 years of excuses (ok, attempts) times up! 

(sorry for the thread hijack)

Break Break------------- SoCal,

My FAVORITE fly-in restaurant in SoCal is the Waypoint Cafe at Camarillo (KCMA). Rampside dining, cheap gas, no fees, CAF museum adjacent, no SMOG, and one of the BEST Tri-Tip Sandwiches around!

• Like 2