Anyone flying on a SODA?

Raptor05121

Mike, thanks again for the recommendation. Does this mean I can be in the cool kids club now?

FB_IMG_1421252535378_zpszcowhgzc.jpg

No it means two things.... First you find a restaurant and invite all of the local Mooneyiacs to lunch on you! And second you get rid of that picture on your avatar. What is that ? A Pooper? Err, A Piper?

Way to go Alex as I let you know earlier we have the same condition and when I got my SODA it was not an issue at all, they kind of had me pick out utility lines, hills for depth perception and most of all other airplane traffic which I could see better that the Examiner, that over 30 yrs. ago I'm glad I don't have to do it now.. I get my physical 1-27 and hope I have an outcome as good as yours..get flying and be safe..welcome to the Mooney society...

• 4 years later...

I just passed my medical check ride for a soda. You can get the fan to give you a temporary medical to practice for your soda. Truly as a student you can learn to fly without a medical all the way up to the point your ready for solo, then at which time you can apply for 3rd class, take a check ride test for the medical only and then upon passing it, go back and begin your final phase of training doing solo. And contrary to popular belief you will be allowed to fly by yourself without a second pilot on board. You probably got it easier than I did I’m a amputee below the knee on the left and had to demonstrate the ability to apply stick and rudder as well as prove emergency braking. So hang in there, apply for and take your soda and we’ll see you on the ramp!

• Like 2

Welcome aboard Capn’

That is a great explanation of the details...

Thanks for sharing them.

What plane are you flying in now?

There is a thread around here about some hardware that recently became available to allow for hand control of rudder pedals...

I hope you are staying around...

I fell behind in some of my reading, wish I caught this earlier...

Best regards,

-a-