Aviation Jokes

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/29/2021 at 7:08 PM, A64Pilot said:

In the Military the answer would be the crew compartment, apparently millions of dollars were spent changing every Military manual in existence in order to remove that “offensive” term.

Turnine Inlet Temperature was also considered offensive do to its Acronym of TIT, so much more money was spent to change it to Inlet Turbine Temperature or ITT so as not to be offensive.

‘You can’t make this stuff up.

Except there is an ITT - Interstage Turbine Temperature, which is between two exhaust turbine stages of a turbofan engine.  First stage drives the core compressor stages, the second drives the fan.

2 hours ago, Pinecone said:

Except there is an ITT - Interstage Turbine Temperature, which is between two exhaust turbine stages of a turbofan engine.  First stage drives the core compressor stages, the second drives the fan.

I know, it’s  not as accurate as measuring at the inlet of the first stage, because the first stage gas producer gas turbine sees the highest temp and is more susceptible to over temp due to that. However multistage turbines are common in more expensive engines because they are more efficient, so interstage may not necessarily be descriptive because with four or more where is it? The GE 700 series is multi stage (four counter rotating stages) as an example while the CFM although a larger engine is single stage for reduced cost.

Then the Garrett only measures Exhaust temp for some reason. Temp is measured pretty much every where it can be, there is no standard, but spending money to change the acronym is silly at best, and it’s not cheap to print and distribute and change thousands of manuals.

It’s like Startrek changed the “to go where no man has ever gone before” to, “to go to where no one has ever gone before”, in order to appease those that argue the word mankind is sexist, so we see humankind now.

It’s making something out of nothing, did anyone ever really think mankind didn’t include both sexes, which come to think of it, I cant say both anymore or I’ll offend. Apparently we are up to 72 genders now, when will we break 100? 

https://www.medicinenet.com/what_are_the_72_other_genders/article.htm

Edited by A64Pilot

22 hours ago, AH-1 Cobra Pilot said:

To revive an old thread...

My favorite is either 'birdman' jumping off the rock, or the guy who lights his ass on fire.

You know supposedly BD Maule built and flew an Ornithopter. I’ve not seen it but the family has film of it flying. I assume it couldn’t maintain level flight, but would fly, probably poorly. But that’s my guess.

1 hour ago, A64Pilot said:

I know, it’s  not as accurate as measuring at the inlet of the first stage, because the first stage gas producer gas turbine sees the highest temp and is more susceptible to over temp due to that. However multistage turbines are common in more expensive engines because they are more efficient, so interstage may not necessarily be descriptive because with four or more where is it? The GE 700 series is multi stage (four counter rotating stages) as an example while the CFM although a larger engine is single stage for reduced cost.

My experience with turbines is turbojet (EGT) and turbofan (ITT).

I have always heard TIT for turbo charged engines.

I am waiting for us to hit 200 genders. :D

No longer be all you can be, it is not be whatever you can be. :D

5 minutes ago, Pinecone said:

No longer be all you can be, it is not be whatever you can be. :D

I’m afraid your right, I have zero turbojet experience and pretty much zero turbofan. I’m a little motor guy.

I teased the GE Engineers when they were talking about bringing back the “unducted fan” by telling them that’s just a turboprop and one or two actually got thoughtful :) 

Edited by A64Pilot