2015 New Mooney

Piloto

and a $2500 delivery charge!!!

Oohhh but it includes, towing it out of the hangar to the ramp, red carpet, a pouch a cap a key chain a relief bottle, a T-shirt, all with the Mooney logo, a handshake picture showing your $750K bill of sale and a Padre Bernardo blessing. 

José

Delivery charges?  I was there thinking what fun it would be to have the money to be able to buy new - but $2500 delivery chargers are sort of insulting.  I suppose that you could bargain the price like buying a car but still...delivery charges?  How about I pull it out of the hangar myself and skip the delivery charges.

Folks, that is just a stock Premier advertisement. Notice that it says all pictures are file pictures meaning that's not an actual 2015 Mooney.  They didn't do a good job proof reading their ad, is all. But it does point out that the 2015 Mooney doesn't seem to have much that the prior model didn't have.

As for delivery charges, you guys know that's just a negotiating tactic.  I love seeing things like that when I'm buying a car...just gets the bargaining juices flowing!

• Like 2

As for delivery charges, you guys know that's just a negotiating tactic.  I love seeing things like that when I'm buying a car...just gets the bargaining juices flowing!

I HATE negotiating for new cars.  I will bring you with me when I am busy negotiating for a new 2015 Acclaim.  :-)

Actually I hate negotiating for new cars so much that it is one of several major reasons that I do not buy new cars but just keep my cars running for a decade or two.  Rather keep my old friend in good shape than deal with car salesman types trying to rook me.

• Like 4

Delivery charges from the factory to KSAT = $0

Delivery charges to your part of the world, like London, may be more like $2,500...

Does DC include proper transitsion training? For a current Rocket owner with current IR and plenty of Mooney experience, this number again would be small.

Erik, I would be happy to help you negotiate the acquisition of your new Acclaim with you. You will get WAAS with that dual screen G! Your day of TT can include internal and external video by known Mooney videographers...

Best regards,

-a-

I HATE negotiating for new cars. I will bring you with me when I am busy negotiating for a new 2015 Acclaim. :-)

Actually I hate negotiating for new cars so much that it is one of several major reasons that I do not buy new cars but just keep my cars running for a decade or two. Rather keep my old friend in good shape than deal with car salesman types trying to rook me.

I use a executive car buyer. It requires research on the exact car you want and they go out and do the negotiations. I never step into a dealership and the car is delivered to your home and the transaction happens on the kitchen table. In my research I have always been within $500 of the best deal available. It is the best way to buy a new car in my opinion.

I use a executive car buyer. It requires research on the exact car you want and they go out and do the negotiations. I never step into a dealership and the car is delivered to your home and the transaction happens on the kitchen table. In my research I have always been within $500 of the best deal available. It is the best way to buy a new car in my opinion.

:-)  Thanks - maybe I will do that next time I buy a car.  My current daily driver, my Subie, is only 11 years old....maybe in 10 more years.  Well - we have two other cars also both 10 years old.  A young fleet.

Delivery charges from the factory to KSAT = $0

Delivery charges to your part of the world, like London, may be more like $2,500...

Does DC include proper transitsion training? For a current Rocket owner with current IR and plenty of Mooney experience, this number again would be small.

Erik, I would be happy to help you negotiate the acquisition of your new Acclaim with you. You will get WAAS with that dual screen G! Your day of TT can include internal and external video by known Mooney videographers...

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks Anthony.  You are on.  As soon as I can talk my wife into spending $550-600K extra on an airplane that looks (to her) identical to the one I have.

• Like 1

With so much data available, much of the mystery of pricing has been removed...

Professional buyers are the equivalent of professional sellers.

If you aren't one, it may make sense to higher one if the machine is expensive enough...

Best regards,

-a-

Erik's Rocket looks really nice!

My old C was screaming 'buy the O' to my wife... That negotiation was the easy part.

I don't know which vehicle I want until I look at them, sit in them and drive them. That requires dealing with idiot car salesmen, some of whom know less about the car than I do, but all are looking to maximize the price I pay.

I lucked into my plane, it was at my home airport. The hard part was ignoring it while concentrating on finishing up my PPL. Six weeks later she was half mine, now she's all mine and the bank has been paid off.

With this new one, I have to wonder: list price is $699K, it's even in the add. What does the extra $34,000 come from? Scuse me, $2500 is for "delivery,", so there is only $31,500 unaccounted for.

Erik's Rocket looks really nice!

My old C was screaming 'buy the O' to my wife... That negotiation was the easy part.

:-)  Thanks A!  We are all here so lucky to own airplanes.  My Rocket DOES look nice and I am so lucky to park it in my hangar.  I'm not about to buy a new airplane soon.  Besides ... my oldest son just got into his first pick college - and now .... I have to pay for college!  (Nothing is too much for my son....) and I have two more boys on his heels who also will give me some fine college bills.  So my good "ol' " rocket will just have to do.  :-)

P.S.  Likely I will be down your way in Spring again for another visit to Princeton, and I didn't get to see your birdie last time.

• Like 1

I HATE negotiating for new cars.  I will bring you with me when I am busy negotiating for a new 2015 Acclaim.  :-)

Actually I hate negotiating for new cars so much that it is one of several major reasons that I do not buy new cars but just keep my cars running for a decade or two.  Rather keep my old friend in good shape than deal with car salesman types trying to rook me.

A friend of mine recently bought a new car and was so proud of himself and his negotiating skills. I told him that the dealer made a lot off of him and he believed he took the dealer for a ride. My last sentence to him was "who had the upper hand, some guy that buys a car once every seven years or the guy who sells several in a single day"?

That shut him up.

• Like 2

I for one love buying new cars. Its like sport to me. I go in fully armed with all info including all manufacturing holdbacks. I go end of month and toward end of day and wear em out. I've kept salesmen there until 9 and 10 pm and walked without a deal. Im a trial lawyer and even though I don't buy a new car every day I would venture to say I have the art and science of negotiation down a little better than your typical car salesman.