New members

bonal

Less personal info on the web is generally better IMHO.

If you want to get to know more detail maybe the membership could set up some group fly-ins for $100 hamburgers. You can also PM folks to get more detail. Either of which might get folks invested and motivated to be involved without feeling like an outsider as is human nature.

There be dangers in the waters of the web.

If you want to get to know more detail maybe the membership could set up some group fly-ins for $100 hamburgers. You can also PM folks to get more detail. Either of which might get folks invested and motivated to be involved without feeling like an outsider as is human nature.

That's true but the minimum that everyone should but in their signature line or profile is home airport, aircraft type and first name.  That all pretty safe stuff ad will provide context you your posts.

BUT, at the same time, people come here to be better informed about flying techniques, airplane maintenance, regulations and so on. Thus putting their safety and lives on the line.

MUCH better to know something about the person offering up the opinion. Many old hands don't even give input to 'anonymous' posters. Plus it makes it much more difficult to give accurate advise when location, year and model aren't known.

There be dangers EVERYWHERE.

• Like 2

Unfortunately there are too many consequences of giving out personal information on the web. As a professional with a wife and kids. I have a home, business, reputation and the most importantly a family to protect. Reading about trips plans in expensive toys, debates that have personal threats, individual professionals that are loathed by some, and having non participating lurkers creates a problem with me. I don't want someone to google me for my services and have them read my MS postings. "Wow, he thinks politician O going to ruin the world", "he thinks 100k for a plane is cheap", "he going on vacation tomorrow". This just seems like a lot to loose and very little to gain. Having a N# posted that has a home address, personal profile with b-days, home towns, and lengthy descriptions just seems like a high risk for identity theft or robbery. I put what I feel is the most essential for a Mooney specific forum would need. If anybody would like to get to know me better I would be more than happy to host a BBQ at KMYF and if you ever happen to see a M20S there say hi, it's me.

• 1 year later...

Hi. Just to introduce myself and revive an older thread. I pick this name because it's my first name with a bit of my last name dropped off. It seems to get approved on a few sites also  

I have yet to purchase my own airplane but have dreamed of owning a Mooney for a long time now. 

I've  been reading here and enjoying it.

Im a CFI who has never had a student yet

Done raising the kids and can afford to work for no money now and am hoping to start teaching.  

Hope I can add something of value down the road.  

Bruce

3 hours ago, BruceLee said:

Hi. Just to introduce myself and revive an older thread. I pick this name because it's my first name with a bit of my last name dropped off. It seems to get approved on a few sites also  

I have yet to purchase my own airplane but have dreamed of owning a Mooney for a long time now. 

I've  been reading here and enjoying it.

Im a CFI who has never had a student yet

Done raising the kids and can afford to work for no money now and am hoping to start teaching.  

Hope I can add something of value down the road.  

Bruce

Where are you located Bruce? Maybe we can help link you up to a flight school or have you do some side work.

• Like 1

Hey Thanks Marauder. I'm right by KHPN, White Plains, NY.  I'm training once again with a flight school there that tells me they'll hire me once we get all "the rust off" . After 10 years of inactivity I've made it through a BFR and now am practicing teaching with instructors who make believe they're students. 

I have no Mooney time. I do have my multi commercial with 100 hours of Seminole time. No CFII or MEI but am studying for the CFII written.  I completed a commercial multi program at Flight Safety, Vero Beach FL 15 years ago for an attempted career change that didn't work out. 

I have 450 hours TT