Flying Holiday South Africa West Coast (April 2014)

Tony__L

This is a short video that I made of a trip we did with 5 planes in April this year.  The planes were a wonderful mix and comprised a Jabiru 170, Kitfox, Glassair Sportsman, CTSW and my Mooney M20F.  All of the planes originated from the East of the country, so the first leg was to 'commute' to the west.  We then flew up along the west coast of the country and returned via a northern route (see JPG and KMZ files attached).  In total it was a 9 day trip with fantastic weather and friends.

The video is more a personal reflection for the group that went but for those not familiar with South Africa there is nice taste of the landscape we call home.

post-12190-0-23578500-1417802434_thumb.j

Flyaway Legends West Coast Tour.zip

http://youtu.be/Yg0IUNvmJ7k

• Like 2

In viewing the video (thank you, btw - it's great) the striking comparison was between the women and men in the photos.  It's comforting to know that the ability for Pilots to score female companionship well beyond our pay grade is a world wide attribute.

Thanks for sharing!

In viewing the video (thank you, btw - it's great) the striking comparison was between the women and men in the photos.  It's comforting to know that the ability for Pilots to score female companionship well beyond our pay grade is a world wide attribute.

Thanks for sharing!

Hey Jeff,

That is a bit rough . . . . . but very true :)

This is a short video that I made of a trip we did with 5 planes in April this year.  The planes were a wonderful mix and comprised a Jabiru 170, Kitfox, Glassair Sportsman, CTSW and my Mooney M20F.  All of the planes originated from the East of the country, so the first leg was to 'commute' to the west.  We then flew up along the west coast of the country and returned via a northern route (see JPG and KMZ files attached).  In total it was a 9 day trip with fantastic weather and friends.

The video is more a personal reflection for the group that went but for those not familiar with South Africa there is nice taste of the landscape we call home.

attachicon.gifFlyaway WestCoast.jpg

attachicon.gifFlyaway Legends West Coast Tour.zip

http://youtu.be/Yg0IUNvmJ7k

Wow. This was beautiful and beautifully done...  

You added visiting S Africa to my bucket list :)