"Elvis has left the building"- Lisa Marie for sale on EBay

TWinter

I was always fascinated by the Convair 880's and 990's, primarily due to their failure. While they were faster than the 707 & DC-8, they never lived up to their promise (the 5 abreast seating wasn't a winning attribute either) and were an absolute disaster for the shareholders. But I've always found them to be cool looking.

A very long time ago, I would ride my bike to Fort  Lauderdale Executive airport (FXE) .I would hang out with Harvey Hop and his copilot at Southeastern Jet sales. I did anything they said to do. go get me a coke,  vacuum this out. I wanted to ride in a Learjet . Never did. 

But one day Lisa Marie was there and I was called upon to fill up a whiskey decanter and run it up to the jet. On board I was thanked and given a tour. The gold bathroom fixtures were amazing, the guy with sideburns, giving me the tour said "see that saying, TCB, you make that your own,and you'll be great" 

I didn't know who he was or what TCB meant until years later when I saw an Elvis documentary with the TCB , Taking Care of Business, emblem, then it all clicked.

I think the fences that keep the kids out of airport are criminal. 

I also flew the Goodyear blimp 

But my highlight is my newly aquired Mooney 1967 20E

Carl

• Like 6

I did the tour of Graceland many years ago..The airplane was one of the main highlights of the tour for me..and that was before I decided to get back into flying. It's actually the first thing you notice as you approach the museum and estate. The plane was so over the top with all the gold fixtures, Elvis's personal items and touches. I think when the plane is gone they will see a big decline in tourists visiting the estate. The house actually is much smaller then I expected, then you go across the street where the museum is. In its day I'm sure the home was a true "mansion", but in comparison to some of todays standards you might drive right past it if you did not know where to look. Wish they would have kept the plane there. It will have to be disassembled to move to its new home. That will be a quite a on taking. Oh well, time marches on.