Can you beat $4.31/gallon?

cliffy

The only ones negatively affected that I would have any sympathy for are the small airport boards and FBO's who have 4-5K gallons sitting in their tanks that they paid just under $5 gallon for a few months ago.

That's the situation at my home drone there are so few aircraft there and a dollar a gallon less is jus over the hill.

That's the situation at my home drone there are so few aircraft there and a dollar a gallon less is jus over the hill.

I suspect many airport fuel ops are in this situation. If the people running the pumps are doing so for profit, there could be a fair number of people going out of that business soon. At some point it is worth patronizing your local guy and paying him extra to keep him and the convenience on field.

Even though it costs more I often fuel locally because it saves time for my shorter trips just to have it done. Hopefully when they get the next delivery the price will come down. Not holding my breath though. If I flew a more thirsty type I doubt I would still do this.

Even though it costs more I often fuel locally because it saves time for my shorter trips just to have it done. Hopefully when they get the next delivery the price will come down. Not holding my breath though. If I flew a more thirsty type I doubt I would still do this.

The extra takeoff and landing will often eat up the $0.50-$1/gal you might save.

I will often support the private FBO as opposed to the municipal airport owned fuel station. Cities that make a net loss because of little fuel markup take away demand from reasonably-priced FBOs that should otherwise get the business and would probably have lower prices anyway if a lot of the airport authorities didn't steal their business with no financial repercussions for an impossible business model.

And I absolutely wil support excellent privatized models like West Houston or Austin Executive. Excellent facilities and reasonable prices.

The extra takeoff and landing will often eat up the $0.50-$1/gal you might save.

I will often support the private FBO as opposed to the municipal airport owned fuel station. Cities that make a net loss because of little fuel markup take away demand from reasonably-priced FBOs that should otherwise get the business and would probably have lower prices anyway if a lot of the airport authorities didn't steal their business with no financial repercussions for an impossible business model.

And I absolutely wil support excellent privatized models like West Houston or Austin Executive. Excellent facilities and reasonable prices.

If an FBO has had reasonably priced fuel in the past, I don't worry much about $0.50/gal.  This was the case when I made my last trip from Austin to Tampa with my daughter in the plane.   Hammond LA is about halfway there and there are two FBOs on the field.  I stopped at Hammond Air, even though it was $0.50/gal more than the self serve pump.  Nice folks, full service, nice bathrooms, run by a pilot, and a free Root beer for the pilot.  (and real beer for passengers).  --Makes me want to stop, if I'm below 8000 feet.  Above 12000 feet, and I'm not stopping unless I'm at fuel limits.

• Like 1

If an FBO has had reasonably priced fuel in the past, I don't worry much about $0.50/gal. This was the case when I made my last trip from Austin to Tampa with my daughter in the plane. Hammond LA is about halfway there and there are two FBOs on the field. I stopped at Hammond Air, even though it was $0.50/gal more than the self serve pump. Nice folks, full service, nice bathrooms, run by a pilot, and a free Root beer for the pilot. (and real beer for passengers). --Makes me want to stop, if I'm below 8000 feet. Above 12000 feet, and I'm not stopping unless I'm at fuel limits.

Concur. There are some good ones out there who genuinely care about aviation or at a minimum understand what customer service is about. If their price is reasonable (within $0.50 of self-serve price) I will use them for convenience and feel good at the same time that I'm rewarding/promoting their business. Unfortunately there are many more that don't. The FBO at my home field is a perfect example. Expensive, and they don't care. I rent a Hangar from them but they still don't give me a break. I have even witness them tell a pilot they will offer them the self-serve price and then charge them more. so.....I never use them. The airport 15 miles south from my home field has a municipal self-serve selling gas for $3.39. That is $1.60 a gallon less than my home field. Guess where I fuel up.

If an FBO has had reasonably priced fuel in the past, I don't worry much about $0.50/gal. This was the case when I made my last trip from Austin to Tampa with my daughter in the plane. Hammond LA is about halfway there and there are two FBOs on the field. I stopped at Hammond Air, even though it was $0.50/gal more than the self serve pump. Nice folks, full service, nice bathrooms, run by a pilot, and a free Root beer for the pilot. (and real beer for passengers). --Makes me want to stop, if I'm below 8000 feet. Above 12000 feet, and I'm not stopping unless I'm at fuel limits.

Haha, yes they do provide Abita Springs root beer and regular beer to stop overs. I was down there a couple weeks ago and walked away with a 6'er of each, on the house. Pretty cool. The owner of Hammond Air is a Mooney J owner as well.

Cali hates GA, that's pretty much a fact.

I'm not sure why you say that. I believe GA is hated pretty much equally amongst the lower 48 and Hawaii. California does not add any misery beyond most other states that I can tell. California does charge property tax on planes, but so do many other states. Other than that, California charges .18 cents tax on a gallon of AVGAS and just .02 cent on JetA. I'm not sure how that compares to other states. Other than that, just regular ol' market forces at play.