Can you beat $4.31/gallon?

cliffy

Don't see any $3 gas at KGTU on airnav   How'd you do it?

BTW I lost 2 very good friends at Saranac Lake many years ago in a Jetstar.

Airnav has it at $4.05/gal.  However, when I went to fill up last night, the receipt said $3.90/gal

Airnav has it at $4.05/gal.  However, when I went to fill up last night, the receipt said $3.90/gal

Wow - so $3.90 at self serve and $5.80 at self service.

$3.90 is quite awesome - retro.  I have half a mind to get my old bell bottom pants, wide collared snap shirts, and fly down there for a fill up.

Any reports on engine oil prices? I am thinking of flying across the border at the end of the month... being a happy member of the CB club, I will avoid buying oil here which is absolutely a rip-off. Might have room to bring back a case...

Yves

I had a nightmare and just woke up from it. I was pumping AvGas and there was some kind of break in the line and I only got about half the AvGas I was paying for as the rest of it was spilling out onto the ground near the pump. I hope you guys never have this kind of dream. It was worse than zombies.

• Like 1

That’s a long way to haul fuel. 

Just threw out the wholesale price for some reality check on the FBOs and it will vary across the country.  The FBOs need to make money and pay their employees and keep the lights on but after a couple of dollars per gallon it starts to get ridiculous.  You also have flowage fees from the airport which is another story.

The big FBO chains do seem to keep the price of gas higher than smaller more independent types but they usually have nicer facilities as well.

That’s a long way to haul fuel. 

Just threw out the wholesale price for some reality check on the FBOs and it will vary across the country.  The FBOs need to make money and pay their employees and keep the lights on but after a couple of dollars per gallon it starts to get ridiculous.  You also have flowage fees from the airport which is another story.

The big FBO chains do seem to keep the price of gas higher than smaller more independent types but they usually have nicer facilities as well.

Have no fear - one can still purchase 100LL at Boston Logan today for $9.30.  Plus tip.