Can you beat $4.31/gallon?

cliffy

Most things in CA cost more and I've heard it said many places including right hear on the space "you get what you pay for" I don't care for the higher costs and don't like the politics hear but I was born and raised here and am proud to be a Californian. We have such an incredible diversity of geography it's an absolute smorgasbord for flyers.

NJ Mogas continues to descend... $1.95 at Costco... $1.85 at non-branded stores...

Enjoy it while we can! It's a limited time gift from our friends, the Saudis. Fly a lot. Drive a lot. Drive your boat a lot. Take your motorcycle for an extra long spin.

Or just enjoy the significant savings. I don't think gas prices have ever been this cheap in the history of the US.

• Like 1

It is really an interesting concept of economic forces watching the price map.  I cannot remember such a huge price gradient ever. 
We have prices near $3.50 for 100LL in texas and florida.  And $6 and $7 at the big FBOs in the Northeast.  Its $6.30 still at my home pump because our rural pump still seems to be on last summers fillup.  $4.95 just 12 minutes away at KSLK and I cannot believe it - but Logan is still holding Boston strong at $9.30.  Logan is simply not changing their prices in any manner reflecting the cost.  How can that be?

So we have almost $6 differences between Boston Logan and Texas?!  But $4 difference between Boston Logan and airports just 10 minutes flight away.

It is really an interesting concept of economic forces watching the price map.  I cannot remember such a huge price gradient ever. 

We have prices near $3.50 for 100LL in texas and florida.  And $6 and $7 at the big FBOs in the Northeast.  Its $6.30 still at my home pump because our rural pump still seems to be on last summers fillup.  $4.95 just 12 minutes away at KSLK and I cannot believe it - but Logan is still holding Boston strong at $9.30.  Logan is simply not changing their prices in any manner reflecting the cost.  How can that be?

So we have almost $6 differences between Boston Logan and Texas?!  But $4 difference between Boston Logan and airports just 10 minutes flight away.

A lot of wealthy people like to fly to Boston. They will pay the price just to be able to fly to Boston. Those FBOs charge you one way or the other. If you skip their gas, they charge you "handling fees" as well as a pricey parking fee. Most will wave some of these fees if you buy their hideously expensive fuel, so people figure they might as well get something for their money and buy the gas. These FBOs charge what the market will bear. Location, location, location.

A lot of wealthy people like to fly to Boston. They will pay the price just to be able to fly to Boston. Those FBOs charge you one way or the other. If you skip their gas, they charge you "handling fees" as well as a pricey parking fee. Most will wave some of these fees if you buy their hideously expensive fuel, so people figure they might as well get something for their money and buy the gas. These FBOs charge what the market will bear. Location, location, location.

Yes - I get that and I knew it when I asked.  That was my explanation to myself when Logan was charging $9.30 and the nearby airports were charging just shy of $7.  But Logan has not budged and the nearby airports are charging low $5 now.  Surely there becomes some reaction of price and demand?  I do see jets coming in and out of KOWD when I go there so clearly some wealthy people are willing to go somewhere besides Boston Logan.

Enjoy it while we can! It's a limited time gift from our friends, the Saudis. Fly a lot. Drive a lot. Drive your boat a lot. Take your motorcycle for an extra long spin.

Or just enjoy the significant savings. I don't think gas prices have ever been this cheap in the history of the US.

Some analysts, such as Mohamed El-Erian, are saying these conditions may persist for a while.

it is a nicer(?) way of saying "thank you for coming, but we don't want your business"

-or-

"you are a better customer for my competitor to have...?

it borders on the feelings economism. CBs are not welcomed there...

we would need to stage a sit-in, or a fly-in for this case...

best regards,

-a-

All summer long the local gas stations have been selling for around $3.58/gal. while the airport had aviation fuel 100LL for $6.27/gal

If you divide the aviation fuel price by the auto fuel price 6.27/3.58= 1.75 times for 100LL. That is about right for the premium, an offset of 1.75 to 2.0 times the retail price for auto gas.

Currently auto gas is $1.77/gal so the aviation fuel 100LL should be 1.75x that or around $3.10/gal. 

Let me know when someone sees that ratio again.

Our 100LL is still $5.49/gal. but the airport manager promises the next load will be under $5.00....   wheeee...................

Expect fuel prices to go back up a bit in California. As of January 1st, 2015, the cap and trade carbon tax goes into effect for all fuels, including AVGAS. Nobody yet knows how much of the expense of buying the "allowances" from the "carbon exchange" is going to cost consumers yet, but I've read anywhere from .12 cents per gallon to .76 cents per gallon. One source opined that by 2020 it could be as high as a dollar per gallon.

We just can't let us have tax holiday, now can we! :angry:

Expect fuel prices to go back up a bit in California. As of January 1st, 2015, the cap and trade carbon tax goes into effect for all fuels, including AVGAS. Nobody yet knows how much of the expense of buying the "allowances" from the "carbon exchange" is going to cost consumers yet, but I've read anywhere from .12 cents per gallon to .76 cents per gallon. One source opined that by 2020 it could be as high as a dollar per gallon.

We just can't let us have tax holiday, now can we!

ill bet when it goes into effect they wont bother to explain to the idiot voters this is a tax to save the planet. they will find away to blame it on the big mean oil companies. :angry:

I know everyone will be relieved to know that Landmark at ATL is still selling avgas at $8.99.  That's fool service, not self service.   ;)

42 miles south at OPN it's $3.85

At PDK, the cheapest FBO fuel, Epps, is selling at $5.40, right next door at the flight school, self serve is $4.90.

Pick a price!  It's all over the place.