Ferry Pilot Needed...........

ScubaMan

Good Morning,

Does anyone know a Ferry Pilot that could fly my Mooney Ovation 3 from California to Germany? The new owner would be looking to fly with him/her for the expierence........

Thanks

Mike Johnson

Mooney Ovation 3

N871TX

I would second Joe's recommendation - Dave bought my Bravo over (before I bought it) in 2008, and having met him, would thoroughly advise you to speak with him.

Should you decide to try a Mr Weaver or Skyferry, I only hear anecdotes and know nothing first hand, but would suggest you do a thorough search and due diligence before parting with any money

A pilot by the name of Mark Guererra based at Reid Hillview is type rated in over 100 aircraft. He has experience in transcontinental ferrying of single and multi aircraft. Extremely competent and a pleasure to deal with. Most importantly, he is available to go at your convenience and charges a very fair rate. He ferried a Cessna 195 from Ohio to the Bay Area in two days. If you are interested, I can send his contact info.

Tim

Get someone with mechanical background or an A/P rating and oceanic crossing experience. Things do break and you need someone to fix it or make an assessment. Must have also the means and knowledge for checking weather, specially the winds. They can suddenly become 50+ kts headwinds in the winter. Having long range tanks gives you greater options even against mild headwinds. If you need to bring back the life raft and other ferry equipment check for a FEDEX office at destination to have it ship back, bring a shipping box. Airlines do not take rafts.

Goose Bay, St. John's, Reykjavik and Santa Maria are good stop over locations, specially if some repair is required and FEDEX service is required.  Bring spare parts such as vacuum pumps, plugs, oil filters and others for just in case and to avoid the 20% VAT.

Don't forget to update the G1000 with the international data base.

May the winds be on your back.

José 

A pilot by the name of Mark Guererra based at Reid Hillview is type rated in over 100 aircraft. He has experience in transcontinental ferrying of single and multi aircraft. Extremely competent and a pleasure to deal with. Most importantly, he is available to go at your convenience and charges a very fair rate. He ferried a Cessna 195 from Ohio to the Bay Area in two days. If you are interested, I can send his contact info.

Tim

Are you thinking of this guy?  If so he is not type rated in any airplanes.  I know a pilot with 32 type ratings and it took a lifetime to get them.  If your friend says he has over a 100 then he is more than likely lying or you are.

Hi Mike,

Long Range Aviation would love to quote out the trip.  Please contact me at daviddoble@longrangeaviation.com or contact our Business Manager - Mike at 813-240-9455.  Also, please visit our website at www.longrangeaviation.com  We are 3 owner company with many years of experience with trans-atlantic / pacific ferries in single engine aircraft during all seasons to include winter operations and specifically have delivered many airplanes to Germany.

Thanks,

Dave

Are you thinking of this guy?  If so he is not type rated in any airplanes.  I know a pilot with 32 type ratings and it took a lifetime to get them.  If your friend says he has over a 100 then he is more than likely lying or you are.

Since when did having type ratings make someone more qualified to fly a Mooney. I have 12 of them and all but two of them cruise at over 35000 feet and have nothing in common with flying a Mooney. They are in completely different aviation worlds.

Are you thinking of this guy? If so he is not type rated in any airplanes. I know a pilot with 32 type ratings and it took a lifetime to get them. If your friend says he has over a 100 then he is more than likely lying or you are.

Since when did having type ratings make someone more qualified to fly a Mooney. I have 12 of them and all but two of them cruise at over 35000 feet and have nothing in common with flying a Mooney. They are in completely different aviation worlds.

My guess helitim was probably referring to the number of different types of planes he has flown, not the type rating you guys are familiar with.

Where did I say anything about having a certain number of type ratings makes you a better Mooney pilot?  Where, tell me where?

He said his buddy was type rated in over 100 airplanes and I called him out on it.....that is all......

GEE WHIZ........................................................

And by the way as someone with 10 or 12 type ratings myself let me just say that having those ratings and 10 dollars will still only get you a cup of coffee at starbucks.......

And another by the way:  Mooney and other airplanes have a lot in common with airplanes that require type ratings.  A Mooney can be flown just as professionally as a Boeing.

As Marauder correctly pointed out, I did mean that Mark has time in over 100 different types of planes. Not that he has over a hundred type ratings. I may have been wrong for my terminology but, you have absolutely no tact by suggesting I may be a liar.

Bring your sorry ass to Livermore and we can damn well discuss it in person or, give me your address and I can come see you.

• Like 1

You both own Mooney's and aren't more than about 263.4 NM apart. Why don't you two find some place in the middle to discuss this, Harris Ranch has great steaks. Maybe we could make it a Mooney Fly-in event.  But we'd have to make it a day time event because I think some people don't like to fly at night :huh:.

This board needs a little shaking up once in a while.....

• Like 3

You both own Mooney's and aren't more than about 263.4 NM apart. Why don't you two find some place in the middle to discuss this, Harris Ranch has great steaks. Maybe we could make it a Mooney Fly-in event. But we'd have to make it a day time event because I think some people don't like to fly at night :huh:.

This board needs a little shaking up once in a while.....

I'd pick Livermore over some wine tasting!

They do make some excellent wine!