Ferry Pilot Needed...........

ScubaMan

• 5 years later...

Sky Ferry Aircraft Delivery is a non operational LLC that represented by Robert Charles Weaver.
I've contracted Sky Ferry Aircraft Delivery LLC to ferry a newly purchased Piper PA38 from Monterey, CA KMRY to Denmark EKRK.
The contract was signed on September 29th 2020 with contract value of $13,000 USD and ferry flight to commence on October 7 2020.
On October 1st 2020 I've deposited $6500 via Wire Transfer from Bank of America to CIM Banque on the account provided in the contract in the name of Robert Weaver as opposed to Sky Ferry Aircraft Delivery LLC.
After the wire was sent Mr.Weaver became evasive and failed to show up on the scheduled pick up date to commence the ferry flight. The pick up date was postponed twice by Mr. Weaver, however he never showed up and didn't provide the expected pick up date.
Mr. Weaver failed to respond to multiple requests including providing documents required to obtain an insurance policy for the specific (route) ferry flight: photo ID, pilot certificate, medical and proof of insurance policy as required by the FAA and the contract.
I've requested the deposit back from Mr. Weaver due to breach of a contract, however Mr. Weaver refused to return the deposit of $6500.
I have consulted an aviation attorney and major violations where found, including the Contract Law as well as the Federal Aviation Regulations which are described in the attachments to this review.
Considering that the ferry flight of a PA38 (30 US.Gal usable fuel) across the Atlantic without aux ferry tanks installed which was suggested by Mr. Weaver is not only violates the FAR's, but seems that the flight was never meant to happen and the Sky Ferry Aircraft Delivery duly represented by MR. Weaver is in business to obtain the contract funds in advance and then keep the money in hopes of people not taking any legal action against him.
Additionally, during research of Sky Ferry Aircraft Delivery LLC and Mr. Weaver was found that on April 4th 2008 Seneca V N344SE was crashed due to fuel starvation crossing the Atlantic from CYYR-BGBW and failure of Mr.Weaver to comply with FAA Regulations invalidated an insurance which resulted in $500,000 USD loss by the company that hired him for the ferry. So, please, think twice before using such a "service" provided by such a "pilot".

5 hours ago, Max Odessa said:

Sky Ferry Aircraft Delivery is a non operational LLC that represented by Robert Charles Weaver.
<<snip>>

Read this and and this and this to get started.

TL;DR - do *not* use Mr Weaver or Skyferry without doing very thorough due diligence (I thought I had posted similar before, but if it's not appearing in the search then repeating it won't hurt)

1 hour ago, Awful_Charlie said:

Read this and and this and this to get started.

TL;DR - do *not* use Mr Weaver or Skyferry without doing very thorough due diligence (I thought I had posted similar before, but if it's not appearing in the search then repeating it won't hurt)

Well the keyword here is "thorough". I couldn't even imagine such people are linked to aviation. Basic google search did not return the information I wish I knew before I've send him the money. Anyway, legal action is underway. Beware of this fraudster.

As a tidbit - someone I know just got quoted "between $30 and $40 thousand" for a ferry flight of a C182RG from the US to England. Getting it shipped in a 40ft container is easily under $10k, all inclusive.