It's a J thing

rainman

And following Bob Kromer's suggestion to get rid of that useless, for the J, RAM air helps also.

I applied SI M20-93 and removed it. I was pleasantly surprised by the perceptible results.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Given you need a new air induction assembly and the work involved I think that would be an expensive mod, yes?

Given you need a new air induction assembly and the work involved I think that would be an expensive mod, yes?

No, it is a very easy mod and you do NOT need a new induction box.  You simply remove the ram air intake, and rivet a flat sheet over the hole.  Fiberglass the hole in the cowl (best done in conjunction with a paint job), and remove the ram air cable.  Make an entry in the logbooks.

Negative! Straight forward and easy. The kit is available from Mooney and procedure is outlined in the SI.

http://www.mooney.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/sim20-93.pdf

Best done in conjunction with paint and/or annual.

Negative! Straight forward and easy. The kit is available from Mooney and procedure is outlined in the SI.

http://www.mooney.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/sim20-93.pdf

Best done in conjunction with paint and/or annual.

You're starting to win people over with a Cheap Bast$&d post like this. Well done.

Who knows, you might be the Cheap Bast$&d for December?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...