Best Mooney shop in Fla.

Bravoman

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If the inspection and servicing itself takes more than 2 days, you have the wrong shop. The inspection, engine & airframe servicing should be done at the end of day two, and you should have a list of items to discuss and fix. If they have normal inventory of common wear items you should be flying again on day 4. If they don't stock basics like tires, spark plugs, brakes, etc, you are getting hosed with freight charges. 

I don't want a plane at my hangar longer than 5 days, unless it is a gear up repair..

• 2 weeks later...

I drive by Premier's ramp at FXE many times each week and I'm always amazed that so many planes sit outside for days or weeks without the cowl on. They do put the top cowl on most of the time, but in Florida downpours that doesn't keep lots of salty rain from getting all over the engine. 

Shoddy.

• Like 1

I drive by Premier's ramp at FXE....

Shoddy.

Me too, and what really bothered me are the planes on the ramp, many of them new, without controls tied down. Rudders,ailerons and elevators banging back and forth in the strong winds we get. Mentioning it to them didn't help. In all fairness, I don't know if this has improved in the last few years, but.....the title 'Premier' seems an exaggeration. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Would appreciate a fresh recommendation or two in south FL for a 1990 201 prebuy.  This plane has resided in south Florida its entire life.  Has had good shops do annualls.  Aircraft Engineering last 4 years, PJ a few years.  Witham and Mod Works for about the first 10 years.  Plane is at Punta Gorda.  N242HM if anyone is familiar with it.  Thanks.

Don in Kentucky.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I won’t say anything bad about the “P” shop, but let’s just say I get all my help from J.D. at Southwest Texas Aviation.  And my local A&P at KMKY (Hal Brannon) knows more about any airplane than I will ever know.  Someone said “continuous” work on your plane, and that is totally correct.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, pmj341 said:

My name is Phil Jimenez, I've been working on Mooney's since 1987.

I have owned 6 Mooneys. I work on Mooneys exclusively.

If you have any questions call me, be glad to help

P J Aircraft Svc, Inc

1460 West Bell St

Avon Park, Fl 33825

863-873-9999

Hi Phil, glad to see you have joined this forum. Do you see David Guerra much now days?

My name is Phil Jimenez, I've been working on Mooney's since 1987.
I have owned 6 Mooneys. I work on Mooneys exclusively.
If you have any questions call me, be glad to help
P J Aircraft Svc, Inc
1460 West Bell St
Avon Park, Fl 33825
863-873-9999

Had my first annual with PJ based on recommendations here. Very happy and very fair pricing. Had a cylinder #3 problem that PJ uncovered and frankly was not a surprise as suspected something was going on (compression on that cylinder had dropped significantly the previous annual) PJ sent me borescope pics of the burnt exhaust valve and kept me in the loop for all decisions. Got my plane back and all was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil is the man. He's been doing our annuals for the past few years and is great to work with. Better yet, he removed some corrosion and was somehow able to match the blue metallic paint exactly to the point where I had to look carefully where the work was done.

I've sent several here on MS to him and they weren't disappointed either.

10 hours ago, pmj341 said:

My Wife allows calls up 9 est, Lol

...and is probably helping you to post. ;)

I've used Phil for more years than I care to admit, and I believe I sent flyboy0681 to him. Speaking of which, sounds like you have your plane back Mike. How is she flying, and what paint scheme did your partners finally agree on?