Mooney instruction in Nashville area

You're adding a complex endorsement to your logbook, and it will go with you to whatever certificates and ratings you add next. :)

You mah have to travel outside of Nashville for this one.

I don't know of any Mooneys for rent there, but you may talk to Dale and see if he knows of anything in your area.

http://www.nashvilleflighttraining.com/our-team/

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I hope I am happy with it, 

I love the Johnson bar concept . But yesterday ,training,it was a hard thing to put down. To the point where my arm is killing me today.   the mechanic is going to check it out ,but are they super hard to put down?

The fuel selector valve location is screwed up too.. Lets change tanks and roll this bird. 

This is why I wanted to get some training in the exact type and model . 

Fast as heck, the instructor says, just fly it like a jet. ( I have no time in a jet)

carl

There are two speeds that work well for manual gear.

Do it while at low air speed, is good for putting the gear up...

Do it at a higher speed, is good for putting gear down...

The POH gives the target speed.

Knowing what speeds work makes it very easy, no free work out.

Miss the up speed, it becomes a tremendous amount of work while trying to control the flight path with the other hand.

Lowering the gear at too high of a speed is a really large surprise going the other way...

As usual, always have good airspeed control...

Best regards,

-a-

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to add the complex endorsement to my PPL and would like to get the training all in a Mooney...preferably a pre-J model. I live in Smyrna, TN, which is near Nashville. Anybody have connections or suggestions?

I don't know if you found an instructor yet but there is a Mooney owner / instructor that I use who is based out of Springfield close to you. Steve is the best CFI I have ever flown with. Let me know if you need his POC information.

• 2 weeks later...

Isaac,

A couple of months ago I was watching a c130 doing touch and goes at KBWG. I met a guy with his son watching as well. I believe the fathers name was Doug and he told me about a guy named Steve who owned a G model and taught in a 150. The number I was given for Steve matches what you have so that is great. I plan on starting my flight lesson right after I get back from a New Years Eve show we are doing in Canada at Niagara Falls. I thought Steve was out of Clarksville so he was too far away, but if he is in Springfield that is much closer. I will give Steve a call! Thanks for the info.

Isaac,

A couple of months ago I was watching a c130 doing touch and goes at KBWG. I met a guy with his son watching as well. I believe the fathers name was Doug and he told me about a guy named Steve who owned a G model and taught in a 150. The number I was given for Steve matches what you have so that is great. I plan on starting my flight lesson right after I get back from a New Years Eve show we are doing in Canada at Niagara Falls. I thought Steve was out of Clarksville so he was too far away, but if he is in Springfield that is much closer. I will give Steve a call! Thanks for the info.

Small community brother. If we are talking about the same Doug, he an awesome guy. As a matter of fact he is helping me with my annual this year. I believe Steve lives in Springfield but he works in Clarksville. His Mooney is based in Clarksville as well. After I'm done with the annual I will be working with Steve to get my instrument ticket before I deploy.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...