Good News is coming!

M20JFlyer

I followed with interest the blog regarding a potential revolutionary addition to the mooney models !!

Why would anyone chastise the MOONEY family for exuberant excitement ..

We are passionate about our moniker our " Planes " and the new growth from our new engineering TEAM and all the new energy in every person associated with the new mooney international

Flying a Mooney since 1962. FOR FUN CHECK BACK 11/11/2014

• Like 1

I'm waiting for Mooney to bring back the entry level 201J for less than a new Cirrus SR20 or Cessna 182. That would great for us normal folk who are not part of the 1% club.

Would be nice especially if it has the Johnson bar manual gear $14,000 for an electric actuator is out of this world.

• Like 1

I just saw a photo of the new Mooney M10. It's in a Mooney ad on the back cover of the new December 2014 issue of Flying magazine. It appears to be composite - think Cirrus SR22 with retractable gear and a classic Mooney "backwards" tail. It looks a lot like one of these, only without the "wasp" like aft fuselage and the backwards tail as opposed to a T-tail.

http://www.panthera-aircraft.com/

Like the Pantera, it has upturned wingtips ala the Acclaim. It will be interesting to see what the performance specs are. I'd sure like to see at least Acclaim speed, pressurization, FIKI and enough useful load to be able to carry more than 2 people with full fuel.

Edited by WardHolbrook

We're all waiting to hear more about this new plane. But from everything I've heard, it's targeted as a training plane and not something to eclipse the Acclaim or Ovation 3 models. So I wouldn't get your hopes up for your wish list items!

"Full fuel and fill the seats" is easy - just make the tanks 20 gallons!

I'd rather have something that gives the option for one skinny pilot and full fuel of 3000nm, or four full seats and 500nm

Of course, what I'd really like is something that costs s*d all, takes off and lands in less than 100m, cruises at Mach4, burns a thimble of fuel per hour, and can carry a family of elephants at the same time. Oh yes, it shouldn't need any maintenance or hangarage too!

• Like 2

I doubt the third person could log the time other than call it “ground school” since he can listen in on all the radio calls and all the explanations about the maneuvers from the instructor.  This could be a time saver too why have an instructor teach 2 students the same thing at different times when you can show them both at the same time.

I had a friend of mine ride along in the back seat when I did my IR check ride.  He wanted to get an idea of what to expect.

• Like 1

The experience would be excellent...

The ability to log it in the US, not so much.

Realistically, it's about the learning. Logging hours is an accounting exercise.

If you learn how to fly by watching from the back seat, you will still need the hours logged from the front.

But you will only need the minimum required hours.

So much to know, so little money to learn it with...

My thoughts,

-a-