What would be your dream plane if you won a small lotto?

My A&P just took a job working evenings at the plant that produces these:

HondaJet_155_verge_super_wide.jpg

He says they are a well designed machine...

I'd like to work with him! Just a mechanical engineer in regulated manufacturing, enjoying my license to learn. Dealing with FDA at work is not worse than dealing with the FAA on my own time . . .

I'd like to work with him! Just a mechanical engineer in regulated manufacturing, enjoying my license to learn. Dealing with FDA at work is not worse than dealing with the FAA on my own time . . .

It is http://www.hondajet.com/ in Greensboro, NC - so far he loves the place.

This plane for my Caribbean addiction-

614.jpg

These two planes for my Californian addiction-

89MC83.jpg

121105aircam.jpg?w=640&h=333&as=1

And this airplane to get between coasts-

1715.jpg

Or perhaps more realistic as single pilot-

TBM-900%C2%A9urlacher-L.jpg

I kind of like these, "What would you get if..." threads a little more when there is parameters put on them. A good one a while back on anther board had the limitations that you could have any plane in the world tax free, but you could not sell it and you had to pay for the gas, storage and maintenance.

• Like 3

I guess it really comes down to the definition of small lotto. Under 10 million keep the one I have with some real nice upgrades to the avionics. Retire and start my IFR. 10 to 20 mil a new Ovation or Acclaim. Over 20 Lanceair Evolution or that nifty L39 Albatross

I guess it really comes down to the definition of small lotto. Under 10 million keep the one I have with some real nice upgrades to the avionics. Retire and start my IFR. 10 to 20 mil a new Ovation or Acclaim. Over 20 Lanceair Evolution or that nifty L39 Albatross

Wow - you are much more fiscally conservative than me.  I only need to win a 5mil lottery to go shopping for a factory new acclaim.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here it is - if I win the lottery - I buy this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Grumman-Widgeon-TVs-Fantasy-Island-Boss-Boss-De-Plane-De-Plane-N4453-/301421388311?ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:US:1123

Which is THE plane used in the 1970s TV show Fantasy Island.  Zee-Plane-Zee-Plane-Boss!

Read the story about it - after its TV plane apparently it was busted for running drugs.

Now it is fixed up and looking stunning.  Can you imagine that airplane all fixed up for two like a camper/rv - fly to the Bahamas and just stay in the plane, then in the summer fly to Maine and live in it.  Then fly it to Norway for a few weeks. Etc....  Somehow flying over the ocean is not QUITE as scary in a twin that doubles as a boat.

post-8059-0-41090300-1418510511_thumb.pn

• Like 1

I've never, and will never buy a lotto ticket so I guess I won't be dreaming. The money I haven't wasted on all those lotto tickets I used to buy my Mooney 201, a Husky A1-B to play off field and camp the Idaho back country, and an ASH26E self-launch glider. Three very different and enjoyable ways to fly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...