What would be your dream plane if you won a small lotto?

Ok guys, BESIDES A MOONEY, what airplane would you like to buy and own if you could afford it?

I, myself, find myself looking at the Grumman G44 Widgeon on Controller, every few months. I think it's a beautiful airplane with a mix of nostalgia and artwork rolled into one. Not to mention the romantic idea of landing on a lake somewhere, mooring the plane on a beach and camping for the night in the back of the plane.

My second choice might be an Eclipse jet (I love the look) but the Widgeon definitely comes in first place.

• Like 1

My dream plane doesn't exist.  I need two planes to fill my dream.  A super cub, with full set of skis and floats.  And a TBM900.  Plus I keep my Mooney just cuz its cool too.  I lie the TBM900 more than the Eclipse jet since the turboprop is more flexible to land in more fields and otherwise performs very similarly to the jet.

• Like 3

Ok guys, BESIDES A MOONEY, what airplane would you like to buy and own if you could afford it?

I, myself, find myself looking at the Grumman G44 Widgeon on Controller, every few months. I think it's a beautiful airplane with a mix of nostalgia and artwork rolled into one. Not to mention the romantic idea of landing on a lake somewhere, mooring the plane on a beach and camping for the night in the back of the plane.

My second choice might be an Eclipse jet (I love the look) but the Widgeon definitely comes in first place.

The Widgeon is the nicest flying airplane I've ever flown. I got my MES in one at http://h2oflight.com

As for me, I'd want a TBM-900 or PC-12

Royal duke would be nice if there was enough $'s in that lottery. Fast, pressurized, still get into short fields.

http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/BEECHCRAFT-B60-DUKE-TURBOPROP/1982-BEECHCRAFT-B60-DUKE-TURBOPROP/1284175.htm

Better be a short field with JetA available -- 260 gallons isn't much feeding a pair of -35s

I bought an RV-8 last year because I wanted something fun to fly around the patch on weekends that was also the complete opposite of my Acclaim:

Steam gauges

Normally aspirated

Tail dragger

Tandem seating with a bubble canopy

Stick and rudder

Day VFR only; no autopilot

That little bird is a blast!

It's been my first experience with taildraggers in nearly 30 years of flying and I wish I would have learned tailwheel when I started!

I'm very happy with my two planes, although I'd trade the Acclaim for a TBM900 if I could.

I think I would keep mine, but turn it into a "SUPER" Super 21.  Same engine, but with a turbo normalizer.  More capability in the panel [upgraded STEC A/P, SL-30, IFR GPS, JPI 900 or MVP 50, HSI and an MFD (for weather and EVS 100)].  Really good interior, folding back seats, dual brakes, adjustable front seats, plumbed in Oxygen for flying in the "tweens."  Good paint job.  Hanger.  Some speed mods.  Top Prop.  

I am comfortable to fly it up to four hours - so maybe increasing the fuel capacity a little - in case that four hours is into a strong headwind.

I like the way mine flies.  I trust it.  I know exactly where the edges of its envelope are.

Even Clarence misses his Mooney when he flies mine.