Engine hoses

PTK

Interesting note is in the Mooney service and maintenance manual, Teflon hoses do not have a Calendar life limit... Replace only on condition.  And AC 43.13 says that teflon hoses will take a permanent set in service and So a stiff hose is not necessarily unserviceable, either. 

Edited by jetdriven
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, jetdriven said:

I think in the case of ordering a hose kit that’s not inventory though, is it? 

This is always an interesting subject, how long does a shop need to have it on the shelve for it to qualify as “inventory”?  

There is an opportunity cost for the use of the shops money.  What’s the shop’s time worth for chasing parts, ordering them, receiving them, inspecting them to make sure they match the order etc?  It all takes time and time is money.

Clarence

16 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

This is always an interesting subject, how long does a shop need to have it on the shelve for it to qualify as “inventory”?  

There is an opportunity cost for the use of the shops money.  What’s the shop’s time worth for chasing parts, ordering them, receiving them, inspecting them to make sure they match the order etc?  It all takes time and time is money.

Clarence

I think "inventory" implies that they intend to have one on hand when you need it. Even if it came in this morning and they send it to you this afternoon. If they only order it "for you", and don't intend to order another unless someone else calls for one, it is not inventory.

I can see a little difference. If they order it for you, they have their time in ordering, etc. as you say. If they have it in inventory they also have the expense of the use of their money until someone buys it. Not being in the business, I have no idea what the markup would need to be for the two categories, or whether they even differentiate between them.

But, yes, I agree with the general principal that we, as buyers, should expect to pay a markup for each of them. 

I wonder if one were to place an order with Spruce for something they don’t normally inventory or keep as stock if they do it at cost or add a mark up? My guess is the later.

Clarence

Edited by M20Doc

On 11/18/2018 at 8:10 AM, jetdriven said:

Precision hose technology, Tulsa OK. They made my hoses.  If you have an A3B6 going onto a J model, just order the hoses I got. 

where is that list ? Also, do you have a fuel flow transducer ?  

Yes. with a Floscan transducer. the hose between the fuel pump and FI servo is two pieces.

here is the hose list. this is straight AN fittings out the back of the accessory case. one oil cooler hose has 45 degree fittings on both ends.

IMG_504A1C914F45-1.jpeg

• Thanks 1