Anyone we know - N228RM

BorealOne

• 1 year later...

Sorry, I never saw this! It was us on the way home from the US. We returned to Germany exactly one year ago, I attached a map with our whole journey depicted. For us it was the first atlantic crossing. However, the previous owner of N228RM, with whom we're still in good contact, did it at least ten times!

Best regards,

Gunter

a0000000200.png

Edited by terbang
  • Like 5

One of my pals once bought himself a Lanceair (while it was still Lanceair, and not Columbia or Corvalis).  He talked about flying the thing transatlantic.  i told him he was nuts to do that in a single, if the engine took a dump it was sure death.  He was utterly nonchalant, said you wear survival suits and carry a raft.  I asked what kind of raft did you any good in North Atlantic swells.

He asked if I wanted to come with, and I instantly said yes.

A few months later the engine went out on takeoff in an experimental he was flying.  Seriously dampened his enthusiasm for flying a single transatlantic.