Garmin Flightstream 210 (The Foreflight killer)

bnicolette

The GDL88 is the only garmin panel mount solution but as I said you can get the "in" only version for a little cheaper. The freeflight box has an "in" only version as well but it is only a few hundred dollars cheaper than the in and out box right now because of the deal they have going on.

Ok, thanks for that info too.  I didn't realize there were different variants of the GDL88.  

You hit the nail on the head. If you spend all that time twisting in some of the fixes that you've been given, then it changes again. then again, then again, it would be nice just to make those changes on the iPad and then send them over to the 530. All my flying is in the northeast and it's no big deal, it would just be a nice "gadget" to make things a bit simpler. Well maybe simpler?? So much stuff in the cockpit these days.

My understanding is that if you had the Flightstream for your 430/530, you can get the airways loaded in from a Garmin Pilot. I love Garmin Pilot because it functions like my GTN.

Wonder if they have any videos on it yet.

Doug the big draw to Flightstream for me is the ability to send a flight plan over to the GNS530.  Otherwise if you've been given an airway in your clearance you have to twist in every single waypoint along the way.  It will not accept airways only waypoints. 

Pretty please post some pictures of that panel once it is complete!!  I hope all is going well with 62G and you are enjoying it.

Are you doing any traveling in it?

You bet, I'll send a photo your way. We've been enjoying It as much as we can. I always wish I had more time to fly. I plan on starting my IR training as soon as we get the plane back from the shop.

She sure is a pleasure to take on trips. Last trip was to Mccall Idaho, the gateway to Idaho back country. 62G turned an 8 hour drive into a 2:30 hour insanely beautiful flight. I took out the back seats so my wife has more room for luggage, she loves that feature.

I have plans on replacing the interior this winter and paint in the spring. I've added an LED landing light, sheep skin seat covers and a travel cover for trips. Oh, I also ordered the flightstream today.

BTW, the fellow you bought the plane from in Florida contacted me. He was interested in buying her back. I guess he has sellers remorse after all this time.