Stranded San Antonio Stinson. Gear won't retract

lsearcy

Thanks to all who responded. It was in fact the safety latch on the emergency gear mechanism. One of my passengers must have hit it yesterday after our flight to refugio tx (kfrg). Thanks to Hondo and giving Leo my number. He called and I have now stored his number for future use. The value of the people on this site is unmatched. I'm now 8 months into mooney ownership and each flight adds another checklist item and I love learning about my plane. I'm back home safely and the flight today was beautiful. Have overflight pictures of both UT stadium and A & M Kyle field.

• Like 3

Keep reading...

There is so much to know.

That one is a well known challenge if it has happened to you.

The rest of us learned about it through the power of MooneySpace!

For additional information, look up the type of drive system your gear has and determine if it is 20:1 or 40:1, know what a no back clutch spring is and how it could affect you.

No fear, just good knowledge...

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks to all who responded. It was in fact the safety latch on the emergency gear mechanism. One of my passengers must have hit it yesterday after our flight to refugio tx (kfrg). Thanks to Hondo and giving Leo my number. He called and I have now stored his number for future use. The value of the people on this site is unmatched. I'm now 8 months into mooney ownership and each flight adds another checklist item and I love learning about my plane. I'm back home safely and the flight today was beautiful. Have overflight pictures of both UT stadium and A & M Kyle field.

That happened to me around my 8 month of ownership too.... Ended up putting it on jacks and doing a full gear eval... Oh well I should have checked MooneySpace back then :)