What's Your Favorite Aviation Quote?

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”--Leonardo da Vinci

Mine too! However........

This quote is widely misattributed to Leonardo da Vinci, but there is no actual record of his ever having said or written it. The probable author is John Hermes Secondari, American author and television producer.

• Like 2

"Can you fly this plane and land it?"

"Surely you can't be serious?"

"I am serious, and don't call me Shirley."

"Striker listen and listen close, flying a plane is no different that riding a bicycle, it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes." 

Airplane-The Movie

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

"Nonflyers don't know what it is like just to climb above the haze level on what they think is a clear day and burst into the sparkling clear air. The naked truth is that we live in different worlds." The late Frank Kingston Smith

"Make the airplane do what you want it to do." My Dad, Charles H. Lott, to me shortly after I earned my PPL.

"They all fly thru the same air." The late Al Mooney to Gordon Baxter

"Always leave yourself a back door".

Me

-----and-----

"John, it's not want you can afford..............it's want you want".

Don Maxwell

Can someone translate the last one from Texan to English?

Clarence

This guy should fly and then go look at gallery images of GTN750 installs on Mooneyspace and get back to me :)

Ryan:

All well and good, but for me the thrill of flight doesn't actually have anything to do with all the gadgetry I put in my cockpit.  The thrill starts, for me, on the take off roll.  The realization doesn't hit me until I have stopped cleaning up and checking everything after TOC.  Look around and wonder.........  Wow!!  And at 150 knots too!!

For me, the gadgetry is all about one thing and one thing only - helping me put the aircraft in the right place so that I can land safely.  That's it. When I feel the need to enhance my chances of doing that under situations I have allowed (through planning good and bad) and I have the money for it, I will get it.  

Until then, I simply look forward to "taking the runway and lining up."  No time for envy.  Just for wonder.  :)^_^

• Like 1