10 Turn Spin w/4 Passengers and 3/4 Tank of Gas

Anyone know the price on the Panthera? Does anyone practice spins in their Mooney? Thanks Troy

I asked not that long ago. As I recall, it was over $500k. I'll get the details when I get to a real computer

PANTHERA 390 (with Lycoming I0-390) EXPERIMENTAL with factory build assist € 385,000

2x Skyview SV1000 (dual ADAHRS, Synthetic Vision, EMS, ARINC module)

Dynon 2-axis GPS-slaved digital autopilot

Garmin GTN 750 Com/Nav/IFR GPS, integrated Audio Panel, 3D intercom, Integrated S-mode transponder, touch screen

Garmin GTN 635 Second COM/IFR GPS, touch screen

Backup Airspeed, Backup Altimeter, Backup Artificial Horizon (Mid-Continent Instruments SAM)

PANTHERA 390 (with Lycoming I0-390) EXPERIMENTAL with factory build assist € 405,000

2x Garmin 10-inch display (dual ADAHRS, Synthetic Vision, EMS, ARINC module)

Garmin2-axis GPS-slaved digital autopilot

Garmin GTN 750 Com/Nav/IFR GPS, integrated Audio Panel, 3D intercom, Integrated S-mode transponder, touch screen

Backup Airspeed, Backup Altimeter, Backup Artificial Horizon (Mid-Continent Instruments SAM)

PANTHERA 540 (with Lycoming I0-540V) EXPERIMENTAL with factory build assist € 425,000

PANTHERA 540 IFR-Certified PART 23 UTILITY CATEGORY € 465,000

PANTHERA HYBRID EXPERIMENTAL with factory build assist - ADITIONAL PRICE € 60,000

PANTHERA ELECTRO EXPERIMENTAL with factory build assist ADITIONAL PRICE € 90,000

I asked not that long ago. As I recall, it was over $500k. I'll get the details when I get to a real computer

PANTHERA 390 (with Lycoming I0-390) EXPERIMENTAL with factory build assist € 385,000

2x Skyview SV1000 (dual ADAHRS, Synthetic Vision, EMS, ARINC module)

Dynon 2-axis GPS-slaved digital autopilot

PANTHERA 390 (with Lycoming I0-390) EXPERIMENTAL with factory build assist € 405,000

PANTHERA 540 (with Lycoming I0-540V) EXPERIMENTAL with factory build assist € 425,000

PANTHERA 540 IFR-Certified PART 23 UTILITY CATEGORY € 465,000

PANTHERA HYBRID EXPERIMENTAL with factory build assist - ADITIONAL PRICE € 60,000

PANTHERA ELECTRO EXPERIMENTAL with factory build assist ADITIONAL PRICE € 90,000

I think they switched to the IO540 and with that it is a true 200kts airplane at relatively low power settings.

It is a very attractive airplane at that.

I think they switched to the IO540 and with that it is a true 200kts airplane at relatively low power settings.

It is a very attractive airplane at that.

....and all in, it's about the same price as a loaded new Acclaim, IF it goes into mass production.

....and all in, it's about the same price as a loaded new Acclaim, IF it goes into mass production.

Most likely.

That is quite impressive if you consider that this is a clean sheet new certified airplane whereas the basic M20 cert was legacy since eons ago so part of that is already amortized. I bet these Panthers are quicker to build with fewer steps.

However, I would sooner buy the Texas built airplane.

I know when I went to look for my plane that many (50%, maybe more) had previously had a gear up.  I'm very curious how expensive a gear up would be in a composite plane.  I other words, would a gear up in a Panthera scrap a new plane?

Not sure why anyone would demonstrate this on purpose with a fully loaded airplane?

Clarence

To sell airplanes. I don't think any of Pantera's competitors would do this demonstration. Obviously a calculated risk, but I really think it's going to pay them back handsomely when it comes time to actually sell production planes. Of course that's because it all turned out really well and not in four deaths and a smoking hole.

Now with a bigger engine, this plane now has it all. Mooney's in trouble. Better get started on the next gen Mooney, or figure out how to cut about $200,000 off the price.

Is that even allowed in the US?  To do that kind of maneuver is considered aerobatics and then the pilots would be required to wear parachutes.

I was just reading about the Pipestrel in my aviation consumer last night.  The test flight with the aviation consumer writer on board and with the IO540 was showing 174kts and the factory pilot was still confident with further clean up, optimized prop and so forth to come up to come it would hit 200.  That sounds like a lot of improvement to hope for and that is what the aviation consumer writer said.  I bet they will make 190kts maybe a bit more.  Looks like a fabulous plane but I won't be selling my Mooney to buy one.

Some utility category aircraft in the US are approved for spins and not considered aerobatics. I don't know of any with four passengers onboard. The 172 can but only with two and under a certain weight.

Key words though, "utility category aircraft".

• 2 weeks later...