OP ED-"Little Timmy Wants to Know Why Nobody Likes Airplanes Anymore?

You are a coward.

My reply was supposed to imply that I wear seat belts whenever they are supplied, whether in a taxi, on a bus and especially when flying in my own plane or commercially.

As a matter of fact, last week when I moved my car from the driveway to the street I put on the seat belt, as my wife stood there rolling her eyes.

Are you paranoid?

Based on your prevous assessment of me I have to ask the question.

Of course I agree that wearing safety belts, where provided, is prudent and intelligent. You are "prepared" in the event that something that may or may not be in your control occurs. If it does not, FANTASTIC.

Some would say the same regarding exercising their right to concealed carry.

I don't think you are paranoid. Judgmental, Yes. Paranoid, NO.

Interesting response.

But how does one draw the line between paranoid and prudent? Is buying Gold from Glenn Beck a prudent investment or is he targeting those that are paranoid and are preparing themselves for the coming armageddon?

I don't care what people do with their time or their money as long as they don't tread on me. You want to go buy a bunch of gold? Good for you. You want to gamble? Have at it. You want to take out a mortgage way outside of your ability to repay? Go get your nice house...

Certainly "They deserve it".

Agreed on all accounts.

• Like 1

Promote and support your preferred solution.

If you want to go all in, rally the people and take them to Washington.

You probably don't want to bring concealed hardware to a peaceful demonstration.

That would be bad form...

Anything short of peaceful, your message will get lost.

Glenn Beck isn't targeting anyone. He is making money selling advertising space to Goldline. Is Goldline targeting paranoid listeners of Glenn Beck's show in hopes that they will buy gold? Yup.

Beck, Limbaugh, Alex Jones et al are most certainly targeting people. His target is his audience and by virtue of who his advertisers are, appear to be going after people that are scared and afraid that their government is coming to take everything from under them.

I actually don't begrudge these conservative talk show hosts and think they are absolutely brilliant at what they do. Their multi-million dollar payoff is proof of that. And in the case of Limbaugh, $400 million dollar payoff.

Yes, part of concealed carry is knowing the law. I can not exercise my right outside of Iowa with my license.

I have absolutely no problem with people applying for and receiving concealed weapon permits. That tells me that they know what they are doing with the firearm, are responsible and have passed more than a cursory background check.

No. The advertisers target the host/show. Gold, is a hedge. They have a product and they try and sell it. Listeners, in my opinion, aren't afraid that the government is coming to take everything from under them. They see the fragile economy and downgrading of US and inability to significantly reduce spending as a real threat to their financial well being. Investing in Gold, for some, is a hedge against a major US financial meltdown...like we experienced in 2008.

I'm using gold only as one example. One of Becks largest advertisers is a company that sells survival equipment for self sufficiency. They were also advertising hazmat outfits during the Ebola epidemic. 

You don't seem to understand that advertisers buy time on programs that they believe target their potential customer base. That's why Goldline doesn't advertise on The View. 

I understand it is a world economy. Putin will have to do something to stop the Saudi's from keeping the price of oil down. I have no idea what, but I am sure the current leadership will do a fine job with managing "the crisis" and I will not take a whopping financial hit.

RIGHT....?

Only time will tell.

What would Reagan do?

Over and over, getting slapped in the face is becoming a little old. The people that I expected to stand up and vote against didn't, it is depressing. What the f@%& is the point.......Just let flyboy4 44 and his minions have it all, im done!   :P

• Like 1

I love WalMart. Good prices on oil and sporting goods and a plethora of people watching.

A couple of Iowans defected on Boner vote. How about your state? Did you hear that Biden welcomed Ernst to the senate by calling her by her husbands name? Freudian? I doubt it. Joni needs to sharpen her sheers and go find some plump hogs.

Joni is about to learn very quickly what happens when you don't listen and do as Mitch says, as apparently a few members of the house are finding out this morning. Heard thru the grapevine that Rep. King has become a persona non grata in the "club" and is getting all pissy about it. Apparently Boehner is walking around chopping heads left and right.

Over and over, getting slapped in the face is becoming a little old. The people that I expected to stand up and vote against didn't, it is depressing. What the f@%& is the point.......Just let flyboy4 44 and his minions have it all, im done!   :P

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I just noticed that with them being back in business today, they got straight down to business. Trillion dollar deficits, nah, 2 over and 10 covert wars, nah, healthcare costs skyrocketing, nah. No, let's introduce a new abortion bill, by none other than Lindsey Graham, a good friend of Dorothy's. He never has to worry about making another kid he can't afford. Doesn't stop him from trying, though.

• Like 3

You forgot about the proposed amendment defining "full time work" as 40 hours instead of 30. Makes it easy for employers to shirk insurance for those that work 39.5 hours a week.  http://www.wsj.com/articles/house-moves-to-change-full-time-work-to-40-hours-in-health-law-1420669832

Also, the Social Security trick where they want to fund the COLA increase in SS disability with benefit cuts.  A truly well-crafted crisis.  http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/01/07/social-security-disability-payments-would-be-cut-by-a-fifth-without-new-action/

What's the matter with Kansas, again?

Governor Sam Brownback's massive tax cuts followed by a 800M/yr budget shortfall. No problem they say, just make most of it up with cuts to schools, state employees and cops salary and, pensions, and road funds.  http://www.financialbuzz.com/brownback-s-tax-cuts-policy-fiscal-deficit-for-kansas-state-politics-193131

And Oklahoma?

Oklahoma Republican congressman fronts a bill to ban hoodies in public. Its so dangerous in public to not be able to identify someone before pulling your smoke wagon and standing your ground.  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/05/oklahoma-lawmaker-wants-to-ban-hoodies-in-public/

Republican Oklahoma congressman Bryce Marlatt found passed out, drunk, behind the wheel of his vehicle, wearing a hoodie.  I bet he campaigned on "good Christian family values".   http://www.koco.com/crime/oklahoma-senator-arrested-on-suspicion-of-dui/30041066

Florida:

Lets not forget "Blow Job Bob" Allen, of FL, another good conservative Christian, Family values man, arrested for getting a 20$ blow job from another man in a public restroom. Seems he feared for his life, this scary black transvestite at night,  and accepted the blowjob, and the 20$ rather than risk his life.  Wow, get paid for service, thats a new one. Now they have "stand your ground" so shooting is justifiable.  http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/crim/flarobertallen71107aff.html

Let's just call R-FL Congressman Trey Radel "Blow".  Since he got busted for Cocaine and ended up resigning after vowing to fight the good fight. He also voted YES to drug test welfare recipients. I suppose a FL congressman sniffing blow while accepting taxpayer dollars is so different than a welfare mommy sniffing blow while accepting taxpayer dollars. Dont kid me, he has a fancy suit and a BMW !  Totally different!   http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/27/us-usa-politics-radel-idUSBREA0Q0TN20140127

And another stalwart of good Conservative values. No, not Newt Gingrich, who left his wife on her cancer deathbed for his mistress (while simultaneously leading the impeachment charge against Clinton for accepting oral sex), but one Republican South Carolina governor, Mark Sanford.  Seems although he had "a handful" of extamarital affairs, the newest one with a gal from Argentina who was finally "the one".  After resigning from the Governor's seat, he attempts a bid for his former Congressional seat with his new Argentinian fiancee' in tow, and get this, a campaign based on good conservative Christian values. 

Newt, BTW and the Heritage Foundation invented what we now know as Obamacare, universal coverage mandate, employer mandate and all, back when Clinton was president. It was the model for Romney's Massachusetts state healthcare law, which the Affordable Care Act was almost carbon copied. 

all this and more, brought to you by the party of good Christian morals, family values, and smaller and less obtrusive government.

I just noticed that with them being back in business today, they got straight down to business. Trillion dollar deficits, nah, 2 over and 10 covert wars, nah, healthcare costs skyrocketing, nah. No, let's introduce a new abortion bill, by none other than Lindsey Graham, a good friend of Dorothy's. He never has to worry about making another kid he can't afford. Doesn't stop him from trying, though.

Isn't Lindsey Graham gay?