Looking for Mooney Instructor in Tampa, FL

Jeev

Hey all - 

I am looking for an instructor with a good deal Mooney time for my upcoming BFR and to start my commercial training.  We would be flying my J out of Tampa Executive (VDF) and I am a PP, instrument, almost 1000 TT and about 750 in my Mooney.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

Sanjeev

snjprs@cox.net 

• 3 weeks later...

Sanjeev, I learned how to fly and was based at Vandenberg for a few years back in the late 80s before moving to Atlanta. What a great little airport that was. It had a real club feel to it and I loved hanging out there. Have not been back in many years but it looks much different from what I can tell. It is tough to find that type of airport today, but I guess the 80s were a long time ago and it was still the heyday era of general aviation.

.....It had a real club feel to it and I loved hanging out there. Have not been back in many years but it looks much different from what I can tell. It is tough to find that type of airport today, but I guess the 80s were a long time ago and it was still the heyday era of general aviation.

How true!

I used to hang out at a friendly little airport just north of Atlanta in the late '80, that had a real club atmosphere of comradery. It too looks much different than it did 30 years ago....as do I.

Time passes, things change....

Oh, the name of the field was DeKalbPeachtree Airport, (KPDK) B)

I keep my Mooney at PDK and a toga at ryy. You are right--things do change. Unfortunately, with some exceptions such as tremendous improvements in technology and equipment, many of the changes have not been kind to private flying. Most airports are ghost towns. I wonder what it will be like 30 years from now.

• 6 months later...