Need a CFI for BFR near Atlanta

Skywarrior

Hello, all -

Need a Mooney-experienced CFI for my BFR near Atlanta. I'm available only on Aug. 8th, 9th and A.M. of the 10th.

Long-body experience would be best.

Michael O'Neal would be a great choice, but I cannot get my plane over to KPDK. Plane is hangared at 20GA in Villa Rica.

Any suggestions?

Chuck

From the Mooney Flyer:

Georgia
Jim Stevens, USAF, Col, (ret), CFII. Atlanta, Ga area. 404-277-4123. Instrument, commercial, IPC, BFR, 
transition training. 20 year owner of 1968 M20F.

I've met Jim.  I think he's still flying Pilatuses for his regular job, but he's been flying Mooneys for a long time.

If that doesn't work out try Dave Theisen.  He works out of PDK and RYY but could probably run down to Villa Rica.  He is also a CFII and is very familiar with Mooneys.  He can be reached at 404-483-5470.

I'm just curious why you can't get your plane over to PDK.  I agree with your point about Michael O'Neal because I fly with him a bit.  Lately I've also been flying with a guy named Bill Rutkowski...he's a part-time instructor but full CFI-I/ATP and he has his own 231, so he's very familiar with turbo Mooneys.  Drop me a PM if you're interested and I'll give you his contact info.

• 1 month later...