RayJay Turbo Normalizer System - Reduced price

For sale - RayJay Turbo Normalizer system.  This is the original RayJay turbonormalizer system for an F or E model. 

It has all major parts, two STC's, FAA POH letter.  The exhaust pipes and wastegate are completely rebuilt.  The exhaust pipes are 1 gauge thicker stainless steel than the originals and the wastegate is substantially thicker to withstand heat.  The work was done by a former worker from RayJay in the original RayJay jigs.  The parts have been installed and are known to fit.  The scavenger pump has also bee rebuilt.  The pictures display what you get.  I am trying to rid my hangar of parts that I will not be using given that my plane is now completed.  I have reduced the price to $14,250 and am simply trying to get my money out of this system.  To have such a system, one needs to purchase an run-out system (usually $6000 - $7000 range) and then rebuild the components.  The remainder is rebuild costs.  This system makes an E or F a totally different airplane.  At 18,000 ft you will see 175 - 180 kts reliably on about 12 gallons per hour.  The E may be a little bit faster.  I can be reached at 617-877-0025 or at johnabreda@yahoo.com

Thanks for looking,

John Breda

post-8543-0-37770000-1405319139_thumb.jp

post-8543-0-90595600-1405319150_thumb.jp

post-8543-0-46785600-1405319169_thumb.jp

post-8543-0-32182800-1405319244_thumb.jp

post-8543-0-58384700-1405319276_thumb.jp

At 18,000 ft you will see 175 - 180 kts reliably on about 12 gallons per hour.  The E may be a little bit faster.  

John,

That's just a skosh past Vne on an E, no?

The airspeeds I quoted are true airspeeds, not indicated.

There are no cowl mods needed except for removal of the RAM air door in the cowling and closing off the opening with a flush patch (every A&P mechanic knows how to do this) and installation of side vents (gills) on the aft part of the metal cowl doors on either side.  Everything else is essentially bolt on.  There is a flapper box that gets riveted on.  The installation is about 40-50 hrs.  

I installed it onto my plane with plans to use it, however the mechanic working on my cowling made swiss cheese out of my F model cowling and the SW Texas STC's cowling parts.  I then decided to take everything off and install a J model cowling.  This changes the type of air box to the J model airbox and thus I was not able to use this turbo normalizer (which is configured for the F or E model airbox).

John Breda

• 6 months later...

TAKING OFFERS:

My plane will be back in my hangar in about 3 weeks.  I need to get rid of my extra Mooney stuff and this turbo system needs to find a good home. 

I am accepting offers on this system.   The exhaust pipes, wastegate and scavenger pump have been rebuilt.  Regarding the exhaust, wastegate and heat muff - these parts are new since we only saved the pin onto which the wastegate spring attaches as the retained part to legally rebuild the system.  I have an 8130 (return to service document) for the scavenger pump.   To keep the price of it down, I will let it go with a turbocharger that turns freely

but has not been rebuilt.  You could do this on your time.

• 1 month later...