Rockcliffe Airport Canada Day Fly In and Breakfast on Tuesday 1 July 2014

We're Canajun Eh!

Canada celebrates its independence day on 1 July, 3 days before y'all.  We used to call it Dominion Day, but now we call it Canada Day.  My little home drome is a Canadian version of College Park, nestled within TFR distance (not really, but we do have restricted airspace) of our own National Capital, Ottawa.   We host a fly in breakfast on Canada Day and we usually end up seeing some other aviation goodies because our field will often be overflown by our Snowbirds and other airshow aircraft doing a show for the National Capital.

I am attaching a portion of the FAA Sectional for our area and you can get the goodies about Rockcliffe from Sky Vector at http://skyvector.com/airport/CYRO/Ottawa-Rockcliffe-Airport.%C2'> I went looking for the NOTAM, but it is not out yet.  I am also attaching a copy of the flyer.  Pretty gaudy, but there ya go.

post-7155-0-64990700-1403193997_thumb.jp

post-7155-0-21854900-1403194096_thumb.jp

post-7155-0-02534700-1403194926_thumb.jp

post-7155-0-21762100-1403194956_thumb.jp

The airport will operate as per normal up until about 11:00 am or so.  Then it is closed while airshow events take place, and it will open up around 12:00 or 12:30 for departures.  The Canadian Museum of Aviation is on the other side of the runway and they have a whole day of rides and such planned.  

So, come one, come all.  There are now only four Mooney's on the field since Yves moved his across the river to Gatineau, so when you are tired fending off all the oohs and awws over your aircraft, you can still trade humility lessons with one of the Mooney drivers still on the field.