Fitting a box through the main door HELP

Only way to know is to try it.

I don't know of any easy way to figure it out. Even if I had a complete solid works model of the mooney it would be hard to tell.

I assume you want it in the back seat or the baggage compartment.

Sometimes it is easier to just get it in the door and then work it over the seat backs and sometimes it is better to move the seats all the way forward and insert it over the seat backs.

Good luck....

Agree - the front seat might restrict you. FWIW, it got a mountain bike through my F's main door. I could only remove the front wheel, but had to get it in, without being able to lower the seat post. I was under the impression that it had a quick release and I went to fetch it without taking any tools with.

If you remove the front seat I bet it'll fit.

Why not just put the box on the copilot seat, with it all the way back, if it will fit thru the door, it will sit on the seat, you may have to worm your way around it to get in to the left seat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Put the box on the wing, sit in the right seat, pull the box up to the door. Slide to left seat, pull the box into the plane. Closing the door may take some work, or have someone do it for you. You may also need a helper to open the door upon arrival.

Slide the right seat all the way forward then lean it the rest of the way, this will be the largest opening to access the back seat directly.

This box appears too large to fit the baggage door. I bought my wife the largest lightweight suitcase I could find that fits through the baggage door, it measures 20 wide x 12 thick [but is expandable] and ~26-27" tall. Going in the door on its side, it must go through at an angle and is a close fit on the top and bottom of the door, and the top just clears so that I can angle it onto the baggage floor. Needless to say, it goes in first!

Good luck, and happy packing!

Thanks for all the replies. We ended up passing on the end table because I was worried I would get back to the airport at 10pm and it wouldn't fit. It's solid wood and would have no give. I think where the main door starts to slope back would have made It impossible to fit