Mooniacs meeting

What would the european mooniacs have to say about a meeting this summer...somewhere in the middle of Europe (EMPOA meeting is in the far nord in june :( )? I am thinking of south of Germany, Austria...

Not formal...just some talks about our aircrafts over a beer...

I would really need to change some experiences regarding maintenance, avionics, flying tips etc...

Manu

What a great idea :D

June is already fully booked for me, and I imagine getting a suitable date is going to be the most difficult thing, so here is a doodle to see if it's worth making a start. Southern Germany/Austria is easy for me and I could do there and back in the day, but I realise this isn't an option for everyone, so we could be looking at somewhere with hotel/camping depending on the interest (makes it easier for the beer too!)

Ben

• Like 1

Just another thought -  LFGB isn't exactly 'Southern Germany or Austria', but it's pretty close to the first! June 28 and 29 is one of my home base club's "Open Day", with a meal (charcroute) for lunch and beers on the Saturday evening. It's up to about 90 so far, and can handle more, some advance notice would be useful for the catering, but for sure we will be able to accommodate a few more on the day - more on http://www.aviatik68.fr/choucroute/index.php

My other club also has an open day on 21/22 June, but I'm on-call that weekend, so unlikely to be able to make it - more from http://www.ac3f.org/

There are a lot of Mooneys in Europe, most of them in Germany, Switzerland and France - if I recall the old stats correctly.
Most European Mooney owners seem to be organized in the EMPOA - the European Mooney Pilots and Owners Association. Unfortunately these folks seem more interested in food than Mooneys or flying these days...

I am a member of EMPOA. Mainly because of the discount they have on Mooney insurance via a group buy. I am saving significantly compared to the old insurance. I can place a post in their forum once we have a date locked down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, the doodle has only got 5 entries in it, but the weekend 26/27th July looks the most popular so far. Suggest we pencil in that for a date, unless we get a bunch more participants soon, and start looking for a destination. I don't mind camping (inc under the wing) or b&b up to mid tier hotels (I'd have a job justifying a posh hotel to the FD)

Anyone fancy making a destination suggestion?

Ben

I would like to commit to a date but unfortunately my father-in-law is extremely ill just now and may not make it....so I can't really make any plans....in fact I was planning to go down to LFMD this weekend but going to EGBO instead...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A bit further away that I had expected, but it's do-able. I found the airport website http://www.airport.gdynia.pl/en but it is rather discouraging about visiting for the weekend - http://www.airport.gdynia.pl/aktualnosci/information-about-red-bull-air-race-event - have you found out anything different?

Would love to, but it gets more difficult :-( NOTAM issued:

B3205/14 NOTAMN
Q) EPWW/QFALT/IV/NBO/A /000/999/5435N01831E005
A) EPOK  1407230600 C) 1407272200
E) AERODROME CLOSED, EXCEPT: ACFT OF NAVY AND ACFT OF RED BULL RACE.

My pockets aren't deep enough for this one to affect me:
B3174/14 NOTAMR B1412/14
Q) EPWW/QFALT/IV/NBO/A /000/999/5435N01831E005
A) EPOK  1406300954 C) 1409302200
E) AD NOT AVBL FOR F-16 ACFT.