WingX / Pebble vibrating waypoint and altitude alerts

Something that may help the busy pilot from missing an altitude or turn...?

Remember to check all the details. I am not familiar with this device.

Best regards,

-a-

WingX Pro7 for Pebble beats the Garmin D2

Here is what Aviation Consumer says:

WingX Pro7 for Pebble "...edges Garmin's D2 for simplicity"

"We think the Pebble interface offers more utility and better contributes to situational awareness, mainly because of its vibrating timer and waypoint alerts. It's also less bulky."

Pebble watches sell for $150, Garmin's D2 costs $450.

"We're excited about the WingX Pro7 integration with Pebble to make flying easier and safer for pilots by significantly improving sunlight readability and by adding critical altitude alerts." - Cherie Williams, Developer Evangelist at Pebble

Click here to view article

Aviation Consumer

subscription required

There is a slight MooneySpace connection as I started bugging Hilton/WingX to add this feature, at conventions, practically since their conception.  I was at the National Business Aviation Association bothering them recently about this, as well.  Finally, they emailed me a while back to tell me that the feature was finally coming and...voila.  My primary interest was getting the program to put out a  warning to check gear/run checklists at 1,000 ft. alt. of destination.    

There is also a Pebble Steel model which looks a bit nicer, but costs a bit more.

https://getpebble.com/steel

• Like 1

WingX seems to like to integrate hardware better than the others...

My O doesn't have GPSS or altitude alerts. Fear of distraction takes away from some of the enjoyment of IFR flying. Following strategies works, but a vibrating alarm would add a level of comfort...

Those cost are small compared to what a busted clearance could cost...

Best regards,

-a-