Mooney Caravan Formation Flying Clinic in Texas, June 20-22, 2014.

bucko

Hi All;

This is to confirm my earlier communication about having a Mooney Caravan Formation Flying Clinic in San Marcos, Texas, starting Friday, June 20th through Sunday, June 22.

FBO:  Redbird Skyport
          (512) 878-6670

8 Corby Lane
              San Antonio, TX  78218
              (210) 887-0144
              bucko.strehlow@gmail.com

Purpose:  Train pilots to safely perform formation flying using classroom briefings and actual aircraft in actual conditions.

A professional learning format, with pre and post flight briefings, and safety pilots conducting the clinic and riding in the training aircraft.

Why you should do it:  
     1.  To be able to fly into Oshkosh in an organized group (with the Mooney Caravan), and with more safely than using the FISK arrival.
     2.  To learn new skills and make yourself a better pilot.
     3.   Because IT IS A LOT OF FUN.

Sign Up Deadline:  Tuesday, June 10th.  This is to allow us to get enough Safety Pilots for the course.  Safety Pilots will be coming from California, Arizona, Kansas, and Texas, and we need time to organize how many are required.

Cost:  $ 65   This is due at Sign Up.  This covers dinner on Friday night, as well as lunch and dinner on Saturday. It will also be used to buy beer and sodas for the dinner Saturday night.

Hotel:  Still deciding if we will be staying at the Hampton Inn ($ 99/night with free breakfast and restaurant nearby) or the Embassy Suites ($ 122/night with free breakfast as well as restaurant/ bar in the facility).  You pay for your hotel room, and are free to either stay with the group or to make your own arrangements.  

Transportation:  Van or vans through the FBO will be rented.  

Homework:  Download and read the "Mooney Caravan Formation Guide" prior to attending the clinic. It can be downloaded from the mooneycaravan.com website from a link in the "Training" section.
 I know: there is a lot of information there.  The important items will be covered at the Basic Formation Ground School on Friday night, but you need to read the Guide so that the information presented at the briefing will be somewhat familiar to you.

So, sign up if you are coming by sending your $ 65 to me at the above contact address.
Also include your ratings (SEL, IFR, Comm'l, etc), approximate flying hours, Mooney Model, and whether you'll be flying with the Caravan into KOSH this year or in the future.

If you are like me, I was planning to go to Oshkosh this year but was planning to land at a satellite airfield because I did not enjoy the VFR arrival.  Having done the Formation Flying Clinic earlier this year in Yuma, AZ, I am now going to join the Mooney Caravan and arrive in style and safety.

Tailwinds and High Speed;

Bucko
M20-E

Bocko,

Once again as usual We'll Done! Thanks for all your doing to put this event together.

I too can say one of the best flying and pilot fellowship I have ever had was in Yuma!

Looking forward to formation flight into Oshkosh 2014!

Lord Willing I will see you on the 19th. LeT me know if there anything I can do to assist in the meantime.