Fuel Boost Pump Overhaul

• 6 years later...

I also highly recommend Aeromotors LLC. http://www.aeromotorsllc.com/aeromotorsllc/default.aspx

They overhaul your pump or - if  they have one ready on their shelf and you are in a hurry - they send you an overhauled pump right away when your pump arrives at their office. 

Last summer they did the fuel pump of my Mooney M20F. I am very happy with the result. I used them because of the good reports here at Mooneyspace!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I would like to add something current to the subject of Fuel Boost pump overhaul. I highly recommend Aeromotors LLC in Wisconsin. after studying these comments I sent my boost pump in from Florida (a Mooney Ovation). before sending I called in and was given simple instructions on what to do. Following those instructions my pump arrived at  their facility on a Tuesday February 8th ...to my pleasant surprise it was back on my doorstep Friday February 11th, back in the plane and running the same day! you can't get any better than that! Thanks to Aeromotors we are back up and running for our trip on February 25th thru March 1st. We were pretty sure that trip would have to be cancelled due to the Boost pump. Big thanks to Aeromotors Theresa, and the staff at their facility. Also thanks to all who posted on this subject...Mooneyspace.com has been a wealth of information for mooney fliers.

• Like 3

I sent my 1499 series Dukes pump to Aeromotors a couple of weeks ago. I went to the UPS store with it and another package and paid for the two shipments and the return label. Unfortunately they put the return label in the WRONG BOX !

I will never again have labels printed at the counter. Print them at home and put your return label in your own box. I ended up having to email the return label to Aeromotors so it did not delay the process, but frustrating on my end. 

Yeah, I will echo a positive opinion on Aeromotors. 

They did a great work 8 months ago on overhauling my Dukes for about $450-ish.  Also great customer service. From talking with them, they told me that they are now rebuilding with more sturdier materials that makes Dukes last as long as Weldon.

Also they consulted me on the re-install procedures of Dukes and answered all of my rookie questions. My A&P was happy :)

• 2 weeks later...

Chiming in here. Last summer, I flew up to Oshkosh for a day (and left before the big storm) and on the way there noticed my fuel pump was sounding wonky during the pre-start prime as well as t/o and ldg use. Mostly pump rpm fluctuations.

I landed in Monroe in the AM, Robb, the A&P and operator of Touch & Go Aviation removed the fuel pump from my plane, and then I jumped in a taxi to Browntown, WI to visit Aeromotors. The owner there took a quick look at the pump and exchanged it right on the spot, as well as gave me a tour of the operation and I was very impressed! 90% of the parts in the refurbished pumps are new and made in-house and the people there couldn't be friendlier. As others have mentioned it's a bit strange that they don't take credit card in 2022 but it's not a major inconvenience.

I took the pump back to the field, Robb installed it, and then I flew to and landed at Airventure the same day. 

• Like 3