Reid-Hillview Airport Day, 6/26/2010

It's time for Reid-Hillview Airport Day! From www.rhvaa.org:

When: June 26th
Time: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Where: Reid-Hillview Airport, San Jose, CA

Schedule of Events:
The Pancake breakfast runs from 8:00 to 10:00.
Hotdog's and hamburgers for lunch will be available from 11:00 to 1:30.
Model airplane air show from noon until 12:45 (AIRPORT CLOSED AT THIS TIME).
We'll have local talent performing on stage.
Please join us for a day of fun, food and airplanes.

My comments: I'd love to see some more Mooneys in the display area so that my airplane doesn't get lonely. Usually, I fly Young Eagles at this event, but EAA has issued new guidance that prohibits Young Eagles flights made in conjucnction with another airport event (some sort of insurance issue) and we don't expect that to get cleared up by the 26th. In particular, it would be really great to see some of the more unique Mooneys like Sven's M20D or a wood-wing model, and more recent birds with leather interiors and glass cockpits are always a hit.

I'm told that the "local talent" includes a local pilot's band, and that some of the Raiderettes may be around as well. If the weather is good, and it usually is this time of year, it'll be a very fun day!

I got some clarification from the event manager on display aircraft. There's no specific time aircraft are required to arrive. Display line parking is first-come, first-served, but there should be a decent amount of room, and they'll try to find space for later arrivals. Display aircraft can go at any time, also, though aircraft parked toward the middle of the display line will have to be walked out to the edge before starting up. I sure hope other Mooney owners can make it!

A change in our schedule for this day and we will now be able to come and do the Ambassador thing with you.   Please keep a slot for us next to your plane Michael.   It is so terrific to see the young kids get excited about aviation when you put them in the planes!  More Mooneys please!!

There are several Mooneys and Mooney Ambassadors coming to Columbia this weekend and we will ask them to come to your  event next weekend.  Temperatures look fairly mild at O22 for this Sat.   It is such a fun time there and the scenery is beautiful.  Hope to see you there.

Quote: Mitch

There are several Mooneys and Mooney Ambassadors coming to Columbia this weekend and we will ask them to come to your  event next weekend.  Temperatures look fairly mild at O22 for this Sat.   It is such a fun time there and the scenery is beautiful.  Hope to see you there.

At the final planning meeting last night, I asked about parking Mooneys together and putting up a canopy. I was told that both the parking together and the canopy should be no problem. That said, there isn't going to be a Mooney "row" per se. All display parking is in the row of parking in front of the terminal building and taxiway Z, between taxiways D and E. After landing, tell Ground that you want "display parking" and they'll direct you to one side or the other. If you see a Mooney already there, request the taxiway (D or E) nearest to it. Taxiway D is the southest entrance to display parking and E is the northwest one.

I'm going to try to get there a little before 9am. So, if I'm there or another Mooney owner is there, get as close as you can and we'll get a Mooney section started. If you're the first, see if you can find Mark Kadrich, and tell him you're part of the Mooney contingent and you want to reserve a Mooney area.

The weather forecast looks very good, and it's shaping up to be a fun day! See you there!