Exxon Elite Discount

10 percent discount for any products www.eliteetc.com has by using coupon code MSI2014. I talked with Lisa Senior, president of Elite Etc while at SunNFun and she indicated Exxon is about to raise prices. Just sayin'...

(Usual disclaimers...no interest in the company, just passing along a discount Lisa has extended good thru the end of the year to Mooney Owners)

That's the oil Mike Busch really pans, isn't it?

I think Mike pans all semi synthetic oils, and recommends Phillips with cam guard. Funny, Ed Konklin was a developing engineer on Exxon Elite and did the additive package for it. Its no coincidence that Camguard's corrosion and anti scuff claims are similar to Exxons base oil. Mike Bush doesn't like the "cling" factor of synthetics like Aeroshell 15x50 and Exxon Elite as much as he does the mineral oils.

Here is the best online price I've found on Phillips XC. Unfortunately unless your in that area for other reasons and can pick it up in person its usually cheaper to just get it from the local distributor. We have a local oil distributor that several people asked to stock XC and I usually get it from them.  I've found they are cheaper than the online stores after shipping is added.

http://www.airplaneoil.com/Philips_Aviation_Oil_s/29.htm

I think Mike pans all semi synthetic oils, and recommends Phillips with cam guard. Funny, Ed Konklin was a developing engineer on Exxon Elite and did the additive package for it. Its no coincidence that Camguard's corrosion and anti scuff claims are similar to Exxons base oil. Mike Bush doesn't like the "cling" factor of synthetics like Aeroshell 15x50 and Exxon Elite as much as he does the mineral oils.

I've actually talked to Mike about Exxon Elite and it's one of the few semi synthetics that he's okay with.

• Like 2

I've actually talked to Mike about Exxon Elite and it's one of the few semi synthetics that he's okay with.

and I have talked with a couple of noted engine builders that like what they see on rebuilds that have used Exxon Elite. 

I find it very interesting that Mike Busch would be ok with Exxon Elite but bashes Aeroshell 15W50!

Also very interesting is the fact that Ed Kollin doesn't like Exxon Elite because it "contains a multi-functional (dispersant) viscosity modifier which holds water and forms a soft brown sludge..."

But is ok with Aeroshell 15W50, "There are a great many people that have had success using Aeroshell 15W-50...If you are happy with AS 15W-50 then keep using it."

One common theme: Mr. Kollin helped formulate Exxon when he was there so Mr. Busch can't really speak bad about Exxon Elite and at the same time recommend camguard!

Very telling indeed! I think these gents need to better iron out their behind the scenes roll playing arrangement on exactly what each is supposed to say!

10% off on Aeroshell 15W50 too?

• Like 1

I find it very interesting that Mike Busch would be ok with Exxon Elite but bashes Aeroshell 15W50!

Also very interesting is the fact that Ed Kollin doesn't like Exxon Elite because it "contains a multi-functional (dispersant) viscosity modifier which holds water and forms a soft brown sludge..."

But is ok with Aeroshell 15W50, "There are a great many people that have had success using Aeroshell 15W-50...If you are happy with AS 15W-50 then keep using it."

One common theme: Mr. Kollin helped formulate Exxon when he was there so Mr. Busch can't really speak bad about Exxon Elite and at the same time recommend camguard!

Very telling indeed! I think these gents need to better iron out their behind the scenes roll playing arrangement on exactly what each is supposed to say!

10% off on Aeroshell 15W50 too?

Well, As the topic title says, its for Exxon elite. I hope that answers the question. If not, the answer is no, unless you can find aeroshell on www.eliteetc.com and order it thru them. As far as Ed not liking Exxon Elite, I don't believe that is the case, but with your close relationship with Ed, you probably know something about it I don't. 

• Like 1

As far as Ed not liking Exxon Elite, I don't believe that is the case,...

"I do not like or recommend either of the two semi-synthetic oils that are
available, Aeroshell 15W-50 or Exxon Elite." ...Edward Kollin

"There are a great many people that have had success using Aeroshell 15W-50...If you are happy with AS 15W-50 then keep using it." ...Edward Kollin

"The Elite (which I did the initial research on when I worked at Exxon
Research) contains a multi-functional (dispersant) viscosity modifier which
holds water and forms a soft brown sludge in cool running aircraft." ...Edward Kollin
  • Like 1

for those of you in the mid atlantic area, I purchase a bulk quantity of oil from the distributor a couple of times a year for my local pilot group. By doing this we save on the shipping and some of the markup... not much in the big scheme of things but saving $10-15 per case adds an hour or 2 of flying for some of us. if anybody is interested in getting in when I place an order you are more then welcome, Just drop me a PM.

Brian

Guess I should specify Aeroshell and Phillips. If you want exxon elite going to the website is about the best deal you will get.