Mid atlantic Picnic at KUKT

orionflt

I'm planning on attending; even though Chris won't fill up my tanks.  And we'll get you there one way or the other Chris.

Do I need to wrap my plane in the Mooney banner?

Looking forward to seeing your new bird

We're going to need a Long Body parking area, if this keeps up!

Brett is welcome to double park with the pair of IO550s in this area.

Best regards,

-a-

They already have a long body parking area -- it's the area right next to the fuel farm ;)

• Like 1

Excellent!  I haven't kept up on the forum here but I saw a bunch of Mooneys parked at KGED around Fall 2013 and now I wonder if it was you guys.  Maybe I should have introduced myself.

So "picnic" sounds to me like people bring their own food - is that the case?  I haven't been to KUKT so I don't know if they have a restaurant.

Roy

Actually Roy It hasn't been clearly defined but I figured we would cook burgers/Dog and maybe chicken and have those who are flying in bring sides desserts and drinks. If there is any specialties that you want to show off, your more then welcome to bring it.  BTW Mike (201er) a can of pringles and half eaten goodies from south america doesn't cut it as a side....you need to bring at least 2 cans of pringles  :rolleyes:

Brian

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sent this out to the Quakertown pilots group, looks like we are going to have a good turn out of Mooney's by the responses, we also normally get 20 or so QPA pilots out when we pull out the grill. Looking forward to a fun day! As I posted to the QPA if you want to post what you may be bringing to the event on this thread it will give us an idea of what will be being served. 

Looking fwd to seeing everyone on the 10th:

Date: April 21, 2014 at 9:14:00 AM EDT
To: QPA_Chat <QPA_Chat@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: QPA Chat - Mooney fly in at KUKT
Reply-To: QPA_Chat@yahoogroups.com

Hey everyone,
I put this out at the last meeting but for those that were not there or have forgotten Jack and I will be hosting a fly in for the local Mooney group on the 10th of May starting around noon. Basically it will be one of the normal picnics we hold up at Bobby's hanger every spring. As always every one is invited to attend, we will be cooking up hot dogs, hamburgers and anything else that people decide to bring. If you would like to attend please just show up, or come out early and help with the young eagles event going on that morning. If you would like to bring something we can always use sides, salads, and desserts. You can post on this thread what you are bringing so others will know.

Hope to see you all there, we are expecting around a dozen Mooney's to be flying in to show off their aircraft and QPA members are encouraged to reciprocate.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Brian - my Mooney goes in for the annual this weekend and I am having a number of things done. Not sure it will be done by the 10th.

If one of you are flying over N57 on your way to KUKT, could you stop and pick me up if my plane isn't ready? :)

Sent using Tapatalk