Boots on the Ground: the Men and Women who made Mooney DVD

With generous unparalleled access to the factory, the Mooney Ambassadors are pleased to present this lively documentary. The product is legendary, the achievements are great, now meet the people who made Mooney.

Boots is a documentary about the workers in the Mooney factory in Kerrville, Texas. Experience the journey of the workers who made Mooney airplanes. From the early days of Art and Al Mooney’s wood designs to the world’s fastest piston single in production the Acclaim Type-S, you will meet the men and women of Mooney.

This is a great American story about dedication to the product, ingenuity, passion and perseverance. We strongly believe it will have a wide aviation audience, not just for the 7000 Mooneys in our fleet.

The Mooney Ambassadors are a service club, with a three-part mission to: support Mooney, promote General Aviation and have someplace wonderful to fly. This has been an all-volunteer project and we thank you for your support.

Here is a bit more information and a link to our sneak peak: http://youtu.be/NsqCAnHlYDo
Running time 1hr, 53 minutes.

See my gallery for photos. MooneySpace will not let me add photos here.

DVD includes commemorative t-shirt.  The DVD is available for international shipping.  Please go to our website for ordering:http://mooneyambassadors.com/apparelcontact.html

I don't mean to nit-pic because this is a great effort that highlights the history of Mooney, but I'm wondering if you really understand what "Boots on the Ground" means.  No disrespect to the men and women of Mooney, but they aren't the first thing that pops in my mind when I hear that phrase.  That goes to the men and women of the military.  Boots on the ground is the phrase commonly used for describing service members that are conducting military operations in combat and peace-keeping operations, not folks making airplanes...

Just a couple of titles that this really does not compare against:

Boots on the Ground: Stories of American Soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan

Boots on the Ground by Dusk: My Tribute to Pat Tillman

Boots on the Ground: A Month with the 82nd Airborne in the Battle for Iraq

I understand its too late to change, but I wish some more thought went into the title.  This is just my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Cheers,

Brian

I ordered the DVD and a sweatshirt in addition to the free t-shirt that came with the DVD.

The DVD was great. I really enjoyed hearing the stories of how the aircraft and company evolved from the old timers who made it happen. I'm glad this film was made because a lot of these wonderful folks are getting way up in age and unfortunately may not be around much longer.

One thing that really struck me was how a bunch of ordinary, regular folks created airplanes that are anything but. An incredibly talented and innovative bunch who hardly look the part. Stealth geniuses.

The opening sequence was breathtaking... an Ovation dancing above the clouds in glimmering sunlight, set to beautiful piano music. Almost choked me up because it really captured the essence of why we fly these beautiful aircraft.

A+. Thank you, Jolie!

• Like 2

Joe, thank you so much for the kudos. We are so happy you enjoyed the movie.  We are in Texas and getting ready for our big night.  We are attempting to have a live Skype for tomorrow night. I will post details as I have them.

This project is our gift to those who made our beautiful airplanes and dedicated to the memory and vision of Al and Art Mooney

• Like 2

• 3 years later...